Well...My Journey Begins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks NoMoreBeer - I am holding strong! Will be soon time to go to bed and I went on a long walk.
    Hope you're hanging in there. It IS tough!!

Bri

Comment

Bri
      do you have the supplements??
      I need to read back...
      but people here SWEAR by L-Glut
      and I SWEAR by Netflix.....seriously
      I curl up with my laptop and get lost in a movie
      glad your boyfriend said no Hon!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey MB!
        I am on supps that I have read in a bunch of books about cravings but it doesn't shut that voice up all the time.
        I do take L-Glut (even when weight training you're supposed to), Tyrosine, Omega-3s, B1, milk thistle, etc.
        But Netflix sounds like a fantastic idea!
        And a bunch of guilty pleasure shows. )
        Hope you're hanging in there!

Oh and I am grateful for the boyfriend for sure!

Comment

On day 3.
          Becoming increasingly anxious about the weekend. Particularly Saturday. Ugh.
          I really want to do these 30 days! No. I WILL do them!!

Comment

Bri....Congrats on day 3! I am so proud of you....you can do this! I am so glad that your BF said "No" but I know what you were feeling when that happened...it does get better as time goes by..and by "time" I mean minutes and hours....not just days. When I hit an "Oh sh*t" bump I just get my ass on here and if I can't do that I just think of everyone on here and tell myself that I am not alone and that it will pass! Keep popping those supplemements..the longer you take them the more they help! Keep up the good work!
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Hi Bri!

Yay! You are on day 3! Way to go! I know it's not easy, but it will get easier eventually. Just ride it out and let your BF say "no" and try not to get mad at him. LOL (I don't like being told NO, so good luck to you on that...hehe)

What do you have planned for Saturday when the craving hits? It's good to have something scheduled, even if it's just Netflix like Mama said! I watch a lot of stupid TV shows, and that passes the time quickly. Of course I could be cleaning the house or something, but...nah! lol

Anyways, hope you are doing well right now...any plans for today? Keep us posted and stay strong, you CAN do this!

K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks so much D! It is really encouraging when people say that they are proud of me. I am glad that the boyfriend said "no" this time, because when I asked I kinda wished he would say no. If that makes sense. Still taking my supps too!

K9 - hmm....this weekend you might ask...well, boyfriends family is having a belated birthday dinner for me on Saturday evening. So this might get slightly tricky.
                I know am pretty sure the boyfriend is going to have something to drink that night too (or bring some home) as he doesn't drink alcoholically and I can't deny him that.
                I will have to plan something but for some reason I feel like I am going to drink. :/
                I am trying not to think that far ahead. One day at a time, right?

Well, tonight I didn't crave wine at all. I felt like something was "missing" but I didn't consider buying any wine or even asking the boyfriend for some.
                I spend the afternoon with the boyfriends Mom and his Sister...shopped, cooked a pretty kinda good meal, went for a long walk, watered the garden, sat outside and took a bubble bath.
                Now I will journal and watch my guilty pleasure show here in Canada - Real Housewives of Vancouver.

Onto Day 4!

Thank you all again!
                xo
                Bri!

Comment

No way.......I had NO idea there was a Real Housewives of Vancouver!!!!! I am guilty of watching ALL of the housewives here in the States...I can't get enough of them! LOL I started out watching the Real Housewies of New York because I knew some of the people on there and they would go out to the Hamptons and it was nice to see all of my old hangouts before I moved here to NC!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

To be honest I never really watched any of those other shows! Maybe the California ones once or twice or New Jersey but not every episode.
                    This one I am OBSESSED with! I love it! The women on there are such b***hes!
                    I am sure you can find it online somehow to watch (they are only airing in Canada on tv right now). And you'll love it!
                    Will help you pass the time!

How is sobriety going for all of you guys anyways??

Bri

Comment

Hi Bri! I am definitely going to google it...it wolud be nice to see some new bi**hes for a change! Ha! You sound like you are in a much better place this time around and I am soooo happy for you! I have finally made it to double digits and I am finally enjoying not having to revolve my day around my next drink and where I am going to get my next bottle....it is very freeing! How are you doing today?
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Hey D,

I'm doing pretty good today and I am sure I will be fine this evening but the weekend is a different story. I sort of feel like I'm setting myself up for failure. If that makes sense. I guess it's because I have tried so many times before and it was half-assed and I just have low self-esteem or something.

I can only think of one day at a time though.

I feel like I'm able to have some on weekends until I figure out a plan with my counsellor. I don't know.

Congrats to you on double digits!

Comment

Working...
                        X