Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The journey begins here, so GET YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! For June!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Paula - So good to see you!!! How are you doing?
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am feeling a little upset at the moment. I think it would be classed as reactive depression (that being the mental health nurse in me) I miss my lovely sister so much, but I know I haveto come to terms with it. She was such a wonderful soul, she was happy, kind considerate and caring and fun.
      Bless her. On a lighter note I will see our lovely queen, in two weeks time. She is coming to our area, during her jubilee

Comment

ophhhhhhh...
        I would LOVE to see piccies Paula
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

OH Paula - lucky you - how wonderful!! I hope you do get to see her fairly close!! that is so wonderful for you..... What a wonderful year for you all - I wish i was there this year......
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

The roofers are here and katie will not "GO". When I take her outside, she runs to the bottom of the garden and leans against the fence shaking. I think I am going to have to accept that she might have an accident indoors. The roofers won't be gone for at least another 2-3 hours. poor soul.... It has all just been too much for her with the constant noise and banging...... I didn't get much of my compost done either - maybe I should go back out and take the dogs with me - except until they do their thing with the magnetic thing to get the nails, I don't want the dogs out there just wandering.... so they have both been inside all day. Like me - I was out for a while but then came in.

Odd day today,......

Hugs to all, Love, sun XXX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

If you go out in a bikini with a six pack under your arm they will speed up cos they want to be near you!!!

Comment

Oh shit...sorry
                I forgot this was an alkie thread

Comment

And you obviously haven't seen me in a bikini - ROTFLMBO :H:H

Comment

yeah but i saw you in your nightie and you were HAWT as Fen says

Comment

mama bear;1327167 wrote: yeah but i saw you in your nightie and you were HAWT as Fen says
                      Why thank you SO much my dear........ :H

Comment

you do know that Alkies are liars, right??:H:H

Comment

Ha ha ha bonk - yep - me laughing my head off !!!! :H

Comment

:H:H:H:H
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

fennel;1326929 wrote: Nora, I needed it. J decided to let the cats sleep with us last night, as they've been so neglected lately. As you may recall from our "Newbie's Nest" days, my cat has the unfortunate habit of slipping me the tongue. Now, I love my cat, but in that "mother/daughter" sort of way...

She made several forays into Fen territory last night, but I was alerted to her presence by her regrettable tendency to palpate my bosoms while embedding her rear claws into my tender belly. I was able to deflect her french kisses handily. :H

We are heading off to Tick Hollow later today, so more neglect is in store for her until the crunchy cat sitter arrives tomorrow.
                              This was probably the funniest thing I've read all day. :H:H:H

Comment

"To him who watches, all is revealed"
                                I truly hate to taint this new thread with negativity, but I've literally had a life-changing experience, and re-evaluation all the primary relationships in my life, how the affect me. Originally, I had a much more firey post in mind, but the caution of time and good friends has tempered it. To bad, in a way. It was GOOD!
                                I came to MWO in August '08. Dumb, inexperienced, playing with sobriety, just thrilled to have people who'd talk to me. Friendships came and went, people I really liked left, some died, and I began to temper my posts as I got serious about me sobriety. I like people. In the South, where my family has lived for generations, I'm a 'StoryTeller'. Didn't set out to be, but my love of people, place, family, history, tradition, just colors everything. I can stand before God one day and say, I NEVER hated, or wanted to hurt, anyone. Some things going on were obvious. With so many, even today, you can see what's happening, but it's not my place to tell them since I don't live their lives. No, I've never suffered some of the things others have, and I thank God every day for that. But I've had my own suffering, and it continues today. No one's life is perfect. And I might envy those who seem to have it all, but I don't know them, really.
                                I'm in a huge battle, right now, for my health, my life. There's no room in it for people who want to play on the schoolyard, make an issue with everything I say. It's so obvious to me I don't even pay it attention. But THEY do, making my time here difficult, at the least. This is not the place for children's games. I don't like some people, so I avoid them. Never read their posts. Never join in the wickedness. To do so hurts those who have come here, tentatively putting out the feelers for an accepting place; to finally be heard without fear of their words used against them. When they see me hounded, and yes, I'll name names, but have decided not to, they wonder how they can ever fit in.
                                The wonderful, loving thread Roger started has been gutted by these people. There are others all over the site who let me know these people terrify them, so they try to stay on their good side. Sad, isn't it? I just don't CARE what they think of me. Why should I, when I'm working so hard to build my life with my husband, my children, my family, friends, the people who really matter in my life? They've read all the awful things said to me, have been begging me to drop this place for so long, but I hung on, thinking someone would just get it, stop it, let the message of MWO be all that is important. But I see my presence is disruptive, so I'll take the target away. To all those of you out there worried about being in the crosshairs next, I'm sorry. I'm not strong enough to do it anymore.
                                What hurt me, since the haters can't POSSIBLY have that power over me, was the lack of support from some of my 'friends'. No, I don't want a 'jump up street fight', but to ignore what was happening to me? Join in conversation with them? Really? I couldn't do that. I'm all about peace, but I have a loyalty, allegiance, to my friends, that comes from my soul, and I may be wrong, but I'm too old to change.
                                I'm having seizures now, and believe it or not, the people who have tormented me are in them. GAWD!! If I could choose my boogie man, it would be Freddy Krueger over One and Zen! Medical tests out the wazoo (and YES, my doc and family have pulled every string and I'm having them right away, right on top of each other). So there. The rich-bitch wins again. Sorry, I AM a bit tired and testy. That happens when you think you've been to Mars.
                                This is a wonderful place, all and all. There is hope here you just don't find, and for some, for me, it's a lifeline. Don't anyone let me and my experience deter you from finding your place here, and your help. As anywhere in life, there are bullies, big fish in a small pool. Find someone wise and helpful to help you learn to live with this addiction. You CAN do it!
                                For my friends who want to reach me, most of you know how. If there are others out there who would like to, contact my friends here, and they'll give you the info. I love everyone, really, who comes here and tries. I'm sorry if I've offended here, but it's on my heart, and had been said, I just have to give my opinion! This thread, the Journey, has the intent of loving accepting people, so read and join, OK.
                                For those who have pushed me to this point, you may think of me again. But I'll never think of you.

Ruby whats up?!!!!! in less words babes x

Comment

Working...
                                X