Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANTABUSE REACTION

OK TODAY

It was not INTENTIONAL ingestion of alcohol, for the record.

That was a very good way to learn to be more careful about alcohol content in ANYTHING.

I'm staying on it.

Thanks everyone

Comment

ANTABUSE REACTION

What did you have Ann? Just curious because I am on AB too!

Hope you are feeling better. My reaction was due to intentional ingestion of alcohol (stupid, yes...but lesson learned). I've never felt like that before, it's like NO other "sickness". I'm glad you're doing better...I was worried!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

ANTABUSE REACTION

Ann Carolina;1329004 wrote: It was not INTENTIONAL ingestion of alcohol, for the record.

That was a very good way to learn to be more careful about alcohol content in ANYTHING.

I'm staying on it.

Thanks everyone
        I'm glad to hear that you're okay Ann. Also glad to hear that you didn't intentionally drink!

Comment

ANTABUSE REACTION

I had a friend whose Dad used to take antabuse. This was 20 plus years ago, but he ended up in the ER after putting on aftershave. Not sure if that was the real story, but they said the alcohol in the aftershave was enough to send him to the hospital.

Hope you re feeling better Ann!

Comment

ANTABUSE REACTION

Thanks everyone

It was some kind of "Jamaican" dessert, and I had been dieting so long that I admit I had a bunch of it without knowing it had some sort of alcohol in it.
            WOW! My face and 1/2 of my neck were red as hell, and my heart rate was up. And knowing what was happening on a cellular level was very scary.

I can see that actual drinking would probably kill you on this stuff. Frightening. I wonder what they do for it in the ER?

Comment

ANTABUSE REACTION

I've read that they flush your body with Vitamin C...but I mean huge amounts as in an IV drip...not any amount you could take in pills.

I hear ya on the "scary" side effects...I had that times 100...plus projectile vomiting. That was a shitty night and I worked the next day!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

ANTABUSE REACTION

I've had an AB reaction, too, after being off for maybe 5 days or so. I looked as red as a beet; my chest and cheeks were all patchy. Fortunately, I didn't get vomituously sick. (If that's not a word, it should be!)

I've gotta get back on AB, too. For me, "the only choice, is to not HAVE a choice". Keep up the faith and the fight!

Glad you're okay!!!!! :wave:
                "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

Working...
                X