• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleepwalking??

new beginnings July 16, 2012

Sleepwalking??

Hi Itsmytime and welcome back!

Are you sure you were sleepwalking, and not in a blackout? I've had plenty of experiences with blackouts but no sleepwalking, that's because I never went to "sleep"...I passed out.

I'm glad nothing horrible happened and that you were safe. Do you have a plan for quitting?
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Sleepwalking??

Yes, my plan is to not drink. Enough is enough!!
      :thanks:

Comment

Sleepwalking??

I have walked down the street in my nightgown with no recollection at all
        did you take any meds by chance??
        that will really mess you up
        Trust me, I know first hand
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Sleepwalking??

Hi Itsmytime.

It's possible that what happened is what K9 says - you blacked out, you didn't go to sleep. Also, I was wondering if you're on any medication like Ambien (called Stilnox) here. These are some other names it goes by.....Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist. I was taking it for insomnia and stupidly decided to drink while taking it. There were several occasions where I was up in the night doing things that I didn't have the slightest recollection of the next day. It was very scary and I finally chucked them down the toilet. A friend of mine had a friend staying with her and she was taking Ambien. The friend got up at 4 a.m., drove to an all-night place for cigarettes and the next day didn't remember anything about it. The only way she knew that she'd gone out was because the cigarettes and the receipt were on the kitchen counter when she got up in the morning. And she hadn't even had one drink the night before. So if you're taking any medication, it could have been a reaction between that and AL.

And not drinking again is a good plan.
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Sleepwalking??

Yes I have done this. I have gotten up and walked around in a friend's house that I was a guest in, naked. She woke up, and I sat down and talked to her completely naked for I don't know how long.

I've also gotten up on numerous occasions and woke up the next morning on the couch or another bed, again naked. Not sure why the naked part, but it always freaked me out.

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Sleepwalking??

I did take an allergy/sinus pill but that's it. I remember going to bed, but am not discounting the black out theory either. I also started my monthly the next day, my hormones are out of whack - I'm at that age and can never rely on the exact time and know that alcohol affects me worse at this time.

Alcohol defintely played a huge part. I have sleep talked in the past, but only one other sleepwalking incident. Well, it's enough for me to say bye bye to it.

Thanks for all your responses,
              :thanks:

Comment

Working...
              X