Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit Stage Two, Starting Day ONE

itsmytime;1329533 wrote: I'm back as well Tipperlette,

Had a bingeing weekend and just starting to feel ok 3 days later. I have my quit date in mind, reading Jason Vale's book right now and continuing as he says until my date. I drink on the weekends and not sure if I will this weekend but June 17th is my date. I am excited to gat back to sober living. It really does ROCK.

Let's keep coming here and beat this beast.

IMT
    It's My Time, lets beat this together. I need a buddy whose at the beginning of her/his final, but successful walk along the path of sobriety. I love being sober and hate everything that surrounds drinking. By continuing to drink we are saying goodbye to conscious, full living. What a sacrifice we have made for the sake of a little escapism.

jump on the bandwagon whenever you're ready. I'll be here waiting for you.

xoo
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey Tipps, great to see you back! I remember a time when you, Unwasted and I were all at a similar place....we have all moved at a different pace but all in the same direction. I know from how you think and your great spiritual side that you will make it....
      Where you live sounds wonderful. Nature and being in the 'now' are to me, an important part of this journey and you have that on your doorstep; make the most of your early mornings with what is outside your door.
      I remember we had all read Jason Vale's book back then - what about giving him another read to get you a little more resolve?
      The wonderful person that you know you are is bursting to come out and be your friend.....trust and believe.....you can do it.
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Tipps, we'll be here to cheer you on. Looking forward to celebrating your first 30 day anniversary!

xx,
        UN :lilheart:

p.s. Daisy - good going. Looks like you're doing well.

Comment

PS - BRUSHED MY TEETH THIS MORNING..
          You may no longer call yourself Half-Assed Deb !!
          Brushing our teeth is Huge. !
          :l

PS- I know I joke, Tipps but I know this is fucking hard. I am on day 16 and I think you are on 3? So together we are almost at 30
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Day 2 only but it was a success. Off to beddie byes as we were out SOCIALIZING all night and being offered all kinds of "licka".. refused them all of course.

Be back tomorrow.

xox
            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Well done!
              That is tough. :exclaimation:

Bed time here too. Sleep well.
              :l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Tipperelette: Deb, I sounds like your "ready", I was at the point the first of the year. I had to take the attitude "I can bore through 10 feet of concrete with a ice pick if I need to". Theres a lot of support Unwasted has some good advice. Having a cabin is great we have one also, when I go up theres always projects that need to be done, things to do hike, fish, whatever, I have also I have also have learned to relax and I always sleep well there. This used to be my party place. I think sometimes our alcoholic brain tells us let buy this boat, vacation, cabin, new skis so we have a good reason or place to drink. Theres so much to enjoy with a clear head.

Take Care WW
                100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

Wine Wrangler, the lake house is a place where family and friends are welcome and many of them drink heavily but some of them just have a beer now and again. I, up until now was the one opening up the bottle of wine at 3pm an offering it all round. Then, I would be so tired and lethargic, the swim wouldn't happen, the fishing would be postponed and I would throw a meal together and half-heartedly clean up only to wake up to the mess the next morning. You know what I mean. Even having a beer on the dock in the afternoon was ruined by the way it slowed me down.

Now, I am FREE. As Jason Vale's book implies, I am the lucky one.

Thanks
                  Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Found some great drinks on the internet. bought some nice organic juices and am mixing them with soda or tonic.

Against the advice of some, I also bought PC Blonde non alc beer for an afternoon treat. I am not a regular beer drinker so this is not going to be a detrimental habit.

The way I've been feeling the past few mornings is astounding, amazing and invigorating.

Sober sex is the best, too.
                    Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I joined MWO in June 2009 and finally quit in June 2012. That's three years of half-assed, back-sliding, self-destructive behaviour.

The madness has ended.
                      Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I am still trying.... Today I feel like absolute crap. I think I drank over two bottles of wine last night.... SAD. SICK. ASHAMED. To those of you who drank wine... how bad were the withdrawals. That is what has me scare although I can go two days without any withdrawals so am I going to have problems or no?

Comment

resrchqueen;1330219 wrote: I am still trying.... Today I feel like absolute crap. I think I drank over two bottles of wine last night.... SAD. SICK. ASHAMED. To those of you who drank wine... how bad were the withdrawals. That is what has me scare although I can go two days without any withdrawals so am I going to have problems or no?
                          Why don't you try it and if you have bad withdrawels, you can always have a glass or two. I am NOT an expert; just a struggling abstainer. I would love to do this with you if you are willing to take the first step.
                          Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I am Tipp. I just dumped a 3/4 full bottle of wine down the drain...Guess thats the first step! Thanks for the support. I really appreciate this forum!

Comment

Oh Good you're in and sadly, I am glad that you are early on in your days A/F too. I was going to say that misery loves company but I am feeling anything but miserable. Let's not fall back into the trap of making excuses for 'just one drink'. There is no benefit whatsoever to having it and a multitude of benefits to not having it including starting back at damn day one again.

We will consider ourselves luckier, wiser and happier than our drinking friends and family without being smug of course. Let's surf the urges and boot booze to the curb. When the witching hour or the lying voice in our head rears their ugly heads, we will get on this forum and read the posts that inspire us.

Fantastic now I have a new A/F buddy.
                              Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

resrchqueen;1330243 wrote: I am Tipp. I just dumped a 3/4 full bottle of wine down the drain...Guess thats the first step! Thanks for the support. I really appreciate this forum!
                                Not only is that the first step but a HUGE step. It is a sign that you are commited. Commitment is everything as they all say on here.

Very proud of you.
                                Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X