What was your AHA Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mentioned hell Wildflower and that is exactly where one is if in the grasp of the alcohol addiction. Having a ton of sober time under my belt I slipped for one night and went strait there. Scared, lonely, out of control, all the negatives. When the buzz started to hit I was like ahhh... I remember this place... the warm glow where it all feels alright... what a lie. It is a tricky devil for sure!

Comment

I saw you had 18 months, that's excellent! I'm very glad that you only went back out for one night & very quickly knew where you were headed! Yes, that warm glow is such a lie, it does quickly turn into hell, " tricky devil" That's for sure. So glad many of us now know there is a better way to live life & it's much ~ much better this way! A life without Alcohol!....

Comment

I was walking home after a couple of drinks at the local pub and I was thinking about my soon to be 30 day af journey and then it hit me, I wanted to quit not just for 30 days but for as long as I can and I felt ready to quit drinking for good. A couple of weeks later, I started my journey and I have not returned to drinking since May 21,2011.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Choice:

Ditto - Ditto- Ditto.
          Sometimes I feel like I still haven't had my ah ah moment and it scares the crap out of me.
          Sometimes i think I've had to many and that doesn't make me feel much better...
          Day 20.
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

my moment was when id tried moderating but couldnt and AL was wrecking my relationship with my partner and they cringed with fear everytime i had a drink
            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

try spending the night in jail..right therre with you Star...
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
              X