Anyone Heard From Nursie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Nursie? I don't read all the boards ~ threads. Try to get in as many as I can, but haven't seen her around for awhile. I apologize if I'm mistaken.

Also wanted to thank you Nursie for providing that link on the Self Hate thread. I did read it. I found it helpful & related to it. I should have said thank you. I'm sorry I waited so long to say it!.

I think maybe that I didn't want the thread to stay at the top. Kinda just wanted it to drop off & go away. Was rather depressing for myself. Yet, it was also healing. Trying to focus on loving myself now & staying more positive. Instead of hating myself, living in the past & being negative.

I do hope your OK. Had been thinking about you for a week or so, wondering if your all right. I hope your just busy living life & things are OK. I know from reading The Maykin it sober thread, there were some hard things you were dealing with. Hope you will check in.

Wildflowers :h

oh no.....she has not been around that I have seen.......................
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Wildflowers, I've also been wondering about Nursie. I haven't seen a post from her in quite a while. Nursie, if you're reading, let us know how you're doing. :lilheart:

Comment

I miss Nursie too! I was just thinking about her. If you're here, please let us know how you are!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I miss Nursie myself and I hope that she is doing ok.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I miss Nursie too!! Come back and talk to us Nursie.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

OMG my very own thread!
              I love you guys!
              I'm ok ish. I had my surgery and am just finally getting myself together. I had been on Percocet for pain for about a month or more prior to the surgery and then a week after. I tapered off the Percocet as the source was removed. Now I just feel soooooo depressed! I read that it's part of coming off pain meds. I just can't seem to snap out of it yet.
              Doing good with the drinking. I have no cravings.

Wildflowers, thank you so much for those beautiful words, they came at the perfect time for me.
              I love all you guys!
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Oh Thank Heavens...we were forming a search party.
                K9 disappeared for One day due to a head cold and I was frantic.
                I hope your mood lifts sweet and that you are on the mend.
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

We were definitely worried about you Nursie...thank goodness you are OK. I know, I spent one day in bed sneezing and blowing my nose and I thought Mama was gonna have a coronary! LOL That's why I LOVE this place!

Glad you're ok Nursie :h
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Nursie;1331282 wrote: OMG my very own thread!
                    I love you guys!
                    I'm ok ish. I had my surgery and am just finally getting myself together. I had been on Percocet for pain for about a month or more prior to the surgery and then a week after. I tapered off the Percocet as the source was removed. Now I just feel soooooo depressed! I read that it's part of coming off pain meds. I just can't seem to snap out of it yet.
                    Doing good with the drinking. I have no cravings.

Wildflowers, thank you so much for those beautiful words, they came at the perfect time for me.
                    I love all you guys!
                    Hi Nursie,

I remember you being in pain, but didn't know you were having surgery. I'm glad you made it through & that your recovering & off the pain meds! I'm thinking that your no longer suffering in pain now, which is so great!... I hope that the depression from those Percs & possibly life's situations will lift soon for you!... I will say a prayer that they will!...

Very happy to hear that you have no cravings & that minus everything else in recent events your doing OK!.... You are someone whom I admire & look up to. A strong woman who has faced much adversity & pain. Whom has kept a positive attitude all while remaining sober. Moving fwd with her education, having strong faith & giving her son the life she didn't have while growing up. You are in my eyes a pillar of courage~strength!

Thank you for checking in & offering hope for people like myself & maybe others who also go through hard times in life. Hope you will continue to pop back in when you have time, if you want or need to.

Take Care, :l

Wildflowers :h

Comment

Great to hear from you Nursie. Hang in there!
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Thank you so much Wildflowers. That really means so much to me.

I am still sober, though not a bunch of time racked up like last time.
                        I am FINALLY feeling better and looking forward to getting back to normal.

Now I have to work on losing that 10-15lbs I gained from when I went AF. I can't run again yet, but I'm walking and certainly in less pain than I was when I started this whole mess.

I hope everyone had a great week end!
                        Day 1 again 11/5/19
                        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                        X