NEW THREAD FOR THOSE ON THE FIRST FEW DAYS A/F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether it's your first, second or 50th attempt to quit drinking, this thread is for you. If you are on day one, two, or a few more, this thread is for you.

I am on day three. June 3rd is the last day I drank. It will go down in history as the first day of my new, passionate, conscious life.

Please join me and report in on a regular basis to encourage each other.

About myself, I am a middle aged ex-red wine drinker with a loving husband, three grown up kids and a beautiful baby granddaughter. I have everything to live for.

I am a sensitive person and realize I drink to avoid the stresses in life caused by family dynamics, financial strain and emotional confrontations which I avoid like the plague.

I will not feel guilty any more. I will feel proud and self-loving.

Alcohol abuse creeped up in the past ten years and I have swung from accepting I have a problem to downplaying my problem over the last few years since joining MWO. My willpower is zilch so self-denial is not a tactic that works for me. I have to look at abstaining as a gift to myself in order for it to work.

I recommend Jason Vale's book, Kick the Drink Easily.

I have a lot to learn and together, we can do this sharing any tips, experience and advice we come up with.

So, who's in? :l :l
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

i could have written this post word for word except for the red.....grandkid and the book! I think I will order that book!

Comment

I'll gladly support you guys any way I can! :h
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

me too!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thanks K9... you are an inspiration to me... you make it seem so easy but of course I know it wasn't. Thanks for being in my corner! I need only look at your mood versus mine to see where I am going wrong!

Comment

You too Mama!

Comment

I'm in, I am in the process of reading Jason's book and have chosen June 17th as the day.

I know there's no day like the present and I am not making excuses but am following his advice with the hopes that this time it will take. I may not even have anything to drink at all before then, but chose that date for a reason.

Here's to new beginnings and letting go of old demons.:l
              new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

resrchqueen;1330268 wrote: i could have written this post word for word except for the red.....grandkid and the book! I think I will order that book!
                I, actually started it with YOU and another day one, two or three gal... Recognized yourself didja?
                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

K9Lover;1330272 wrote: I'll gladly support you guys any way I can! :h
                  You always do K9Lover and I am forever grateful xoxo.
                  Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

mama bear;1330275 wrote: me too!!
                    Mama Bear, its always good to know you are there 'listening and soothing' us through our trials.. thanks. xo
                    Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

resrchqueen;1330276 wrote: Thanks K9... you are an inspiration to me... you make it seem so easy but of course I know it wasn't. Thanks for being in my corner! I need only look at your mood versus mine to see where I am going wrong!
                      Unfortunately, it's NOT easy...but it IS doable! Don't ever give up on yourself. You deserve to be sober AND happy! Let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help you ok?
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

itsmytime;1330278 wrote: I'm in, I am in the process of reading Jason's book and have chosen June 17th as the day.

I know there's no day like the present and I am not making excuses but am following his advice with the hopes that this time it will take. I may not even have anything to drink at all before then, but chose that date for a reason.

Here's to new beginnings and letting go of old demons.:l
                        Good, so you are now officially part of the June Restart our Lives Team!! Welcome. In years to come we will all fondly remember this month and these people as the biggest, most positive change of our lives...

Yay for us all.
                        Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tipperette-
                          I've got more than a few days under my belt, but I really feel compelled to comment to you.
                          I have read your posts from the last few days; and from what I have read, I really see your heartfelt commitment shining through. That's what it takes... you are on the right track girl! You have drawn the line in the sand and have decided that RIGHT NOW is the time you will change your life... not tomorrow, not next week... but NOW.
                          When I quit, an overwhelming thought came over me & has stuck with me ever since: "I want to quit on a positive note, not because of a negative situation". I think that is something that you can relate to as well, from what I have read from your posts.
                          You have it in you to do this.... you really do!
                          We all have to start at the beginning. That's the hard part. It's hard to draw that line in the sand and say to ourselves "this far, and no farther". When you step over that line, you begin a new life... one step & day at a time.... on a journey of rediscovering your true self. And what a wonderful, exhilarating journey that is!
                          AF 6 years
                          NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Tipp... how much did you drink normally?

Comment

FallenAngel;1330293 wrote: Tipperette-
                              I've got more than a few days under my belt, but I really feel compelled to comment to you.
                              I have read your posts from the last few days; and from what I have read, I really see your heartfelt commitment shining through. That's what it takes... you are on the right track girl! You have drawn the line in the sand and have decided that RIGHT NOW is the time you will change your life... not tomorrow, not next week... but NOW.
                              When I quit, an overwhelming thought came over me & has stuck with me ever since: "I want to quit on a positive note, not because of a negative situation". I think that is something that you can relate to as well, from what I have read from your posts.
                              You have it in you to do this.... you really do!
                              We all have to start at the beginning. That's the hard part. It's hard to draw that line in the sand and say to ourselves "this far, and no farther". When you step over that line, you begin a new life... one step & day at a time.... on a journey of rediscovering your true self. And what a wonderful, exhilarating journey that is!
                              Wow, thanks for caring enough to post that. Actually in my previous attempts I sounded pretty committed too when I read back. So I have to go the extra mile and learn from my previous failures.

Recently we took possession of a new lake house and this is a dream come true for me. I want to enjoy it with my family and friends in a safe, sober way.

Your name should be changed, Fallen Angel to something like Inspiring Angel.

Thanks

xoxo
                              Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                              X