Crazy for Wine Has 30 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days! It?s hard to believe, I really didn?t know if I could get to this point. For better or worse, I had gotten so far down the drain I really had no choice. I had to stop digging the hole.

Echoing another thread: my AHA moments were about starting to miss important engagements-oh, things like work, doctor appointments, things I had to do with my kids, social engagements-whatever they were, I canceled them because I was just too sick and too tired. I could see me losing everything if I didn?t start to pull myself together, and the number of things I had to participate in was just getting larger. You really can?t shove life aside without paying some very heavy consequences, and mine were approaching fast.

Quitting was complicated by also taking some prescription drugs-benzos-which really made a mess of things. I quit them and AL at the same time! I would NOT recommend this to anyone. I was so sick and panicky-literally could not eat for 3 days, nothing at all-vomiting, pacing, no sleep?.so I finally called a psychiatrist who immediately put me on some short term meds to ease the withdrawal. We are now in the midst of talking therapy, which is wonderful!

So the good things: much more energy, I can run 3.5 miles every day again, I am present with my kids, and am doing all of the things I need to do each day. My anxiety is still there-especially early in the mornings-but it is way less than it used to be. I am taking vitamins, reading more, socializing more?even in 30 days you can feel so much better! Oh, and sleep, which I know is so difficult for so many of us. I can sleep-I do use melatonin and the occasion Ambien, but that?s it. I know this will continue to improve over time.

MWO has been so helpful to me. I have not posted much because I was not sure I could get through this, and I had asked for help so many times I felt I had played my cards. As I continue to rack up the days, I hope to offer whatever support I can!

Am considering AA now. Don?t know about that but it seems like I should play every card I can. I have some cravings but the thought of drinking makes very scared-I know how easy it would be to jump back down the hole.

Thanks to you all! CW

CONGRATS ON YOUR 30 AF DAYS CW!!!!!

I'm very happy for you
    Keep going because it gets better & better!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks, Lavande! You have always been one of my role models! I appreciate the support.

CW

Comment

well done crazy

:goodjob:

Comment

Terrific CFW! You really have played all the cards and cashing in! CONGRATULATIONS!!
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Great job CW! Congratulations!

Comment

that is awesome CW...I am right behind you!!
              Keep it up babe
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Well done on 30 days, CW! Sounds like this was a rough detox for you and I am happy that you are now clean. Now is the time to rebuild your lifestyle and thinking....best wishes to you! Wishing you much success!
                Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

yes...that detox sounded scary at best....
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

This little froggy is making the rounds today!!

CW HAS 30 DAYSSSSSS!!!!!!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                    Sylvia Plath

Comment

CONGRATS ON THE 30 DAYS!
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I am one day behind Dixon-I think there are several of us at MWO at about the same stage. Man, the first week was tough-but it does pass I was so scared it wouldn't pass, it just got worse and worse. I never want to go through that kind of withdrawal again! That must have been my bottom, cause I can't imagine getting any lower! Though I see there are some who have suffered even more. Hard to imagine.

So, onward! Everyone, have a great night, or morning for those on the other side of the planet!

CW

Comment

CW - CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome!!!!
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                          X