Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And back where I started..

Hi all,
    I thought I was doing great, I didn't have a drink for almost 3 months and avoided looking at this forum as it reminded me of where I had been. I know I should have kept checking in to keep me going, but when I felt weak and needed the help I decided that one drink wouldn't hurt and now I'm pretty much back to square one. (Except that now I know that I can go without drink, and I just need help to back me up sometimes).
    Any tips on how to restart?
    DU

Hi Downunder and good on you for coming back; check out the Newbies Nest - a nice, friendly and supportive place to start. And read as much as you possibly can on here, especially the stories from many of our success stories here. You will be inspired!
    And you know the rest.....check in daily or hourly if you must. Good luck!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Get a new plan and stick to it. Know where you failed the last time, and work on fixing it. Don't stop coming here and learn to say no to that one drink.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi DU, just wanted to welcome you back. I second the motion of the Nest and also the Toolbox under Monthly Abstinence.........just read and post and set some small goals. Best to you.

Comment

downunder;1332570 wrote: Hi all,
          I thought I was doing great, I didn't have a drink for almost 3 months and avoided looking at this forum as it reminded me of where I had been. I know I should have kept checking in to keep me going, but when I felt weak and needed the help I decided that one drink wouldn't hurt and now I'm pretty much back to square one. (Except that now I know that I can go without drink, and I just need help to back me up sometimes).
          Any tips on how to restart?
          DU
          How are you doing this weekend Downunder? It is Monday morning for you, no? Lots of us idjiots to help...no offense or accusations at the previous posters tbs. Check into General Threads and post away---no harms done.
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Been better, a bit miserable at the moment. i know I will give up again soon but right now I'm just going to enjoy my wine for a few days...
            hope I come back feeling better

Comment

I understand "enjoying" the wine, but there's the after to deal with that's not so enjoyable, heh.
              You asked how to restart in your first post. I reckon we all know that if we look inside. I hope you're ready soon to come out of misery. How about today? 3 months is quite a success. You can do it:l
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
              X