• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 12th June

Wonderful post Molly i'm so happy for you and your family.:l

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Oh Reccybear. It's a bugger getting motivated again, believe me.

Are you a man with plan?
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

mollyka;1333715 wrote: Haha!! Well - was in with them all afternoon - they're in town Stirls - bout an hour away. He is absolutely beautiful - head of black hair and just slept all the time I was there. I was absolutely choked holding this wee parcel, and I made him a promise that he will NEVER know his granny lifting a glass of alcohol - never! I felt very privileged today - all my kids ringing constantly - and Joe, turning me into the hub of the family - where I should be - and where I might not have been very easily.
        Simon is a big soft mush with the babe in arms - it was one of the most beautiful sights - I couldn't help but think of him as MY babe in arms all those years back. Sorry just a bit sentimental here tonight --- I am so fucking happy - I want to just sort of ----- BUST
        And icing on the cake - Joey blitzed his 2 exams today --- I struggled with the concept 'grateful alcoholic' --- today I'm a grateful alcoholic - I see what I have, and I see what I very nearly didn't have:l
        Aw Molly, that is such a lovely post. Your sentiments come shining through. You know, I'd be the same way - I get a little teary just thinking of becoming a Granny. I'd be blubbering all over myself, holding my new grandchild for the first time so I know how you feel. It's a wonderful, sentimental time for all of you and that's as it should be. And how fantastic that you are sober and can enjoy every single second!! Sending you huge :huggy's Molly and wishing the wee babe a long, happy and healthy life.:h
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

:wavin: Fireyfoxy.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

JackieClaire;1333733 wrote: Oh Reccybear. It's a bugger getting motivated again, believe me.

Are you a man with plan?
            Not at the moment jackie, but I know I have to get one. Anyway, let's not talk about me, we should be talking about molly's happy news instead.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

mollyka;1333736 wrote: Oh - was wonderin was it just me
              Ah Reccie, dunno what you wrote, but obviously you are feeling shagging miserable. All I can say is before the booze escalates back to where it was, you just have to grab some sober days and string them together - just a 'no matter WHAT, I'm not drinking today' -- give yourself small targets - hours/days, whatever is appropriate - and the strength comes back, it really does - it's just so fucking different getting back up and at it than the first euphoric quit imo. First time round - it's all new - it's all an adventure - never did 1/2/3/ days sober and each day is a victory. Just seems like 'been there, done that' the second time - well that's my take on it anyway. But it REALLY does come back --- set yourself targets and before you know it you'll have rolled up a week or two and you'll be firmly back on target.
              I know what you're going through - truly:l
              Thanks molly.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Recluse;1333728 wrote: I don't think the ref was biased stirly, but I daresay he's had better games.

I deleted that post on the fuckit thread. It was written under the influence. I'm disappointed with myself for being so fecking weak. I'm not looking for sympathy or anything...no-one to blame but myself.
                I know it's hard but I think Jackie has a point. You need to get a plan together again. You know, there are on-line AA meetings. Maybe something like that would help you. Just a suggestion...

And the ref was definitely biased.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

I iz going to have to love yous and leaves yous. I'm blooming starving.

Ooh might not be back for me midnight lurk. I am jigged.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

mollyka;1333737 wrote: Thanks Foxy and Stirly --- must go get ready for AA - oh gawd could happily veg. on couch - but I've said sooooooo many mammy prayers in the last week or so, I reckon it's 'pay back time':HOh and I forgot to say :goodjob: for Joey on his exams. I can truly say that I was totally stressed out when my boys were doing their finals. The thing is that here you can do them over and over until you get into the college or university that you want to. So I went through it three times with older son and twice with younger son. One year, they both had exams together. Of course AL helped me pass out every night, otherwise I'd have gotten no sleep at all.

Hope you enjoy your meeting. I can imagine what you'll be talking about tonight - being a sober Granny.
                    Firefox;1333730 wrote: Wonderful post Molly i'm so happy for you and your family.:l
                    Hi again, Foxy.

Bye, Jackie....

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Well, 25 minutes later and no one has posted so I guess I kinda killed the thread for tonight.

Off to bed and wishing all of you...

And again, a huge to our new Grandmother, Molly.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Night stirly. I was watching the footy.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

I'm here putting off reading old blogs to remind me how bad drinking was
                          So playing games instead
                          Hi Molly x
                          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Congratulations on becoming a grandma. Has he got a name yet?
                            I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Escapism is good tonight. I just got top on bejewelled. That's better than a glass of wine
                              Bet you are a happy gmummy tonight?!?

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Didn't get them....yet
                                Read all the blog
                                Wasn't as bad as I expected. There wasn't a lot about drinking in there really. Which kind of pissed me off cos I wanted to remind myself how bad it was.
                                Hmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X