**Day 21 - Got over another one**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking hurdle that is...a wine and cheese party at work! This is week 3 AF for me and I'm still relatively new to my company, so I didn't want to seem unsociable and not go to this event. It was a little awkward because everyone had a glass of wine or bottle of beer when I got there and it felt like it would be so easy for me to just casually stride over to the wine and grab one glass to "fit in" but just as I was feeling like I might, our managing partner called everyone's attention to raise their glass and wish someone well - I quickly scrambled for a bottle of water and an empty wine glass and made it in time to toast someone who was leaving our firm. Having that glass in my hand made it easier for me too - I probably looked weird to the office girls drinking water out of a wine glass, but so be it! I then made some small talk with the girls then politely made my exit and viola! Another drinking situation averted! Ahhhh - now on to another AF weekend! Wish me luck!:exclaim: Dori

Dori, right on!!!! That is pure determination, esp. when it would have been so easy to have "just one". If you did it today I have no doubt you will do it this weekend.........:goodjob:
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

That is totally awesome dorilynn!!! Good for you. Who cares what other people think. You are doing this for you and you should be mighty proud of your accomplishment! Congrats on your 21 days! What a marvelous start. Keep on going and stay strong!

Comment

Great job. These are the toughest situations, aren't they? Even my roomate knows how much I want to quit, but he'll always grab two beers from the fridge, and hand me one. I say know, and he'll say, "what, can't have one beer with me?" You would think at this point, people would get it. Anyway, congrats again. That is some awesome will power!!
        where does this go?

Comment

congrats........i just off the phone with my dad. i'm buzzed at the moment and know I can't do it. So kudos to you. I proud of you............:h

Comment

just h;97337 wrote: congrats........i just off the phone with my dad. i'm buzzed at the moment and know I can't do it. So kudos to you. I proud of you............:h
            You know, it is painful for me to talk to people on the phone for more than a few minutes if I'm not buzzed. You're not alone in that department.
            where does this go?

Comment

Respect Dorilyn, WEEK 3 under your belt, I am on Day Four and delighted with myself! I keep strutting around deliberately with a cup of steaming coffee in my hand (as opposed to trying to hide a cup/mug with voddy in it)! Why do we think we can kid others that we are not drinking if it is not a glass we are drinking out of - tee hee hee, sounds so ridiculous but there it is. Great strategy with the water and wine glass, i don't know if I would have even thought about that, I pictured myself in your situation awkwardly slogging out of the water bottle!!! Thanks for that.

Lorna
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Dorilyn,
                That is wonderful.
                I am so happy for you.

You don't need anyone to wish you luck. You seem to be doing so well with your own strength and your inner power.
                No, it isn't weird at all. I wrote in a post a couiple of weeks ago that we need to pamper ourselves when drinking water. We put wine and champs in nice cut glass, so let's give water the same honour.
                Make drinking non alcoholic drinks special. More special than alcohol.
                Wow, I really am buzzed and blissed out at your post.
                I guess the next big test will be to stay on for a while longer and see how you go. But make sure you can get out of the situation if it gets a bit overpowering.
                Dorilyn, you're doing so much better than I am. I still have a couple of drinks after day 6 or 7. But heaps less than 2 months ago.

Comment

Congrats Dori, You know sometimes with us wine drinkers,I think it is the sensation of holding that wine glass;makes us feel secure. In the evening my "trigger time I put my water juice etc in the prettiest wine glasses I own. I don't feel like I am missing anyhthing that way. Your doing great 21 day AF. Social situations are hard; my last one I got through with just to sip ofs wine that was tough. Once aganin Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                  X