Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRIENDS FAMILY: Before After Drinking

Wise words, Juja!

"My family drains me, and I'm learning to distance myself. I don't rescue my younger sister, and I don't make calls to relay the latest drama. It's taken me a long time to learn that.

Oh, yes, the lending of the helping hand, thus being the perfect martyr. I got so sick of myself I could hardly bear it.

I only ask for help when I need it, and when I determine it's time for others to step up. Still, I feel guilty when I do. I'll get beyond that, too.

I am a child of workaholics, which is no different from COAA. Each avoiding something in his/her own ways, with ridicule and criticism abounding.

Hugs to you, kind woman."

Comment

Juja;1495482 wrote: You don't seem very dysfunctional to me. Seriously.
      Well..maybe compared to all my sisters I'm not doing to badly!
      Your right I shouldn't say these things about myself. Somewhere down the Al lane I got it in my head that if I thought and said bad things about myself then I'd beat my family to it...

You are wise to distance yourself. I was probably your younger sister at one time as my older ones were always 'rescuing ' me. Did more damage in the long run IMO . So you are way ahead.

Thank you for all the encouragement, sweetie
      :l:h
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123;1495833 wrote:
        Your right I shouldn't say these things about myself. Somewhere down the Al lane I got it in my head that if I thought and said bad things about myself then I'd beat my family to it...

:l:h
        Good Lord, Kradle, I do that constantly! I'm tired of that, too. What do you say, we give that one up?
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
        X