Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 MONTHS SOBER TODAY BY UNWASTED

CONGRATS ON 7 AF MONTHS UNWASTED!!!!!!!

:goodjob: Keep going & I hope your wrist heals quickly!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

CONGRATS UNWASTED!
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Biggest hugs and many pats on the back!!

You inspired me when I was struggling after deciding to end my 6 years of sobriety and 'moderate' like any normal adult does!! Yeah right.....

You have been such a support to soooo many here and I'm pleased life is good for you - you deserve it.

It is hard work, and I guess people like us will always have to be vigilant and determined! But, with supportive people like your good self, it can be done and you certainly made it a wee bit easier for me.

CONGRATULATIONS lovely UW!!!

Nicey
        It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
        Mother Theresa

Comment

Good going Unwasted - you are one to follow!!!!!
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good on you Unwasted! Congratulations!

Comment

Chiming in late to say CONGRATULATIONS! Your words and support here have meant a lot to me, like many others and I find them and you inspiring. Please keep posting about your successes. And I really hope your hand heals soon! I've had a similar thing and I know how awful it can be. Rest it and get better quickly. x

Comment

Unwasted, congratulations on your new sober life and your great perspective on a sober life, sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was working a lot and then I got hurt and wasn't getting about very well. Coming up on 6 months for me and I really don't want to or consider drinking now, I never want to go back there it's to much work to break that cycle. I do have some strange dreams that I had been drinking the night before though?

Congrat's WW
                100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

Thanks Lilly and WW........

Lilly, not sure you'll check back in here........but, my wrist is much better. Not sure what was cause effect, but......Ringing Cedars suggested a couple of things and either they're working or the cyst has stopped hurting on its own. I'm being really careful to not overdo in any way in the hopes that it continues this trend. (Crossing fingers).

WW, not sure you'll check back either but if you do..........so sorry to hear you got hurt. Hope you're better and able to work?! Glad to hear you're doing well with the not drinking. I hear you about not having another quit in you. I feel the same. Take care and kudos on your upcoming 6 month anniversary!

Comment

Awesome you got them UW. I've not much doubt they are working already. I've known several folks with wrist ganglions and they disappeared--sometimes returning and once back on the sups disappeared again. Also a personal friend's doc wanted to go in and remove ovarian cysts. She took the sups and they dissolved. Happy you took them and feeling better. So many are looking forward to your return and sharing your wisdom and encouragement.
                    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

RC, I can't thank you enough for this recommendation. I also bought an additional topical ointment recommended by the people there. It's called Dr. Christopher's Bone and Tissue Ointment. Not sure if you know of it........but I didn't think it could hurt.

Thank you SOOOO much for your advice.:l

Comment

Sorry I missed this UW. Big Congrats! I love your sobriety! You are a positive, kind, wise light around here, yet you don't sugar coat either. I have much respect for you & your sobriety. Hope your wrist heals soon! :h

Comment

Congratulatiosn UW! 7 Months is so great :goodjob:

Is that you in the Avatar? You are so beauiful!

I'm sorry about your wrist. They have voice WP software now so you can just speak and your computer types. Very Sci-Fi.

The one I think is the most popular is Dragon somehing...sorry I can't think of the whole name!

Hugs,

:l
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hey UN,

So glad to hear from you! Sorry about the wrist but now you know what you're dealing with and what the options are. Like some of the others I haven't been around as much as before but still sober and LOVING IT!!! Like you, I really feel like I turned the corner for good and am a couple weeks shy of 6 months. The points you made make so much sense. Congratulations UN!
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Unwasted;1337146 wrote: RC, I can't thank you enough for this recommendation. I also bought an additional topical ointment recommended by the people there. It's called Dr. Christopher's Bone and Tissue Ointment. Not sure if you know of it........but I didn't think it could hurt.

Thank you SOOOO much for your advice.:l
                              Suggestions UW, suggestions. :HOnly doctors can give advice! I hadn't heard about the other product but checked it out. Dr Christoper is an old time herbalist with great wisdom and the ingredients in the ointments make perfect sense to use as well. They must both be working! So glad.:h
                              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
                              X