Army Thread SATURDAY 16th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Pingu you don't know me from a bar of soap ..but I have lurked for a bit ...IMO you need to sit down and write a list of what makes you happy in one column and what makes you unhappy in a column next to it emotions can be accounted for like a bank ( though I don't wish to simplify it to that extent I hate banks) be brutally honest and compare I guarantee you the missing bit to your happiness will bounce out..if it doesnt i am giving you a load of shit advice..LOL

any way you are doing great as a seaman stay ya course there be reefs either side!!!

Comment

Another overthinker here. Make myself miserable sometimes, I really do!:H
      Raining. Will it ever stop?
      Some great posts this morning. I think we need to use our heads but the heart is the most important. If we overthink things...maybe it's because we are trying to protect ourselves so as not to get hurt ("hurt" being a very vague term). I've always been a worrier too.
      I was happy last night and I feel pretty happy this morning too. But I don't think we can be happy every single day. And that's ok. Today's society sometimes seems to say we should ALWAYS be bouncing around smiling ...but that doesn't really seem reasonable to me.

Comment

Good morning, folks

Starty, I don't think we can always know for certain that we're doing the right thing. What seems right for us in the moment can turn out to be a right screw-up. And vice versa. It also doesn't necessarily have a direct correlation to our happiness. We can merely do our best with the information at hand at the time, rather than trying to anticipate the outcomes of our decisions.

Anyhoo... Looks like a nice day here. Dunno what I'll be doing yet. Probably just take it easy - not feeling 100 % yet.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

yep tips live in the moment and go from there
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Once i get over the acceptance thing I'll be dandy.

3 little words....why won't i admit them

last night i was so dam close to picking up a drink....but i didn't

come on woman....
            I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Why didn't you Pingu? I bet so many would like to know...
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Yes. What stopped you, P3?

I wish I could be of more help :l
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning Expatty, Starty, RC, Reccybear, Fireyfoxy, Mollymoo, Onet, Zenners, CaptJack,PS, Tippers and all those yet to drop in, drop out or just want to shake it all about.

startingover;1335475 wrote: Well I am a classic overthinker - like many of us I reckon. I sometimes tie myself in knots with my thoughts
                  Me too.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning, JC :l
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hewwo, hun.:l

How can you tell I'm very excited about the Olympic torch coming to Newcastle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BESnUnOpFL0[/video]]Olympic Torch Newcastle zip wire Bear Grylls flame Tyne Bridge Extreme - YouTube
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Nice here....Dry and waiting for the SUN to come out.

How do I know when I am doing Right or Wrong.
                        Concience....
                        But some of the Rules concieved in my Concience sense Childhood have changed.

I've seen or heard somewhere the great 3 rule Concience Examiner.

GOLD = 1, Do unto others as you would like them do unto you.
                        SILVER =2,Do unto yourself what you would like others to do unto you.
                        IRON =3, Dont do for others what they can do for them- selves.

Stinking Thinking is another Thing-but it does nothing to anyone only ourselves.

Comment

Nice post nosaint. Well its another day of rain heavy showers here in Dublin anyway hope the weather is better your end nosaint. Hve to go to the chemist and Tesco later i hope this rain eases off. Been like this since thursday. Hope you all have a nice afternoon whatever your plans.

Comment

Starty
                            I am not sure if you are talking about AL or other issues in your life,but...
                            before I married hubs (almost 21 years ago) I went to see a psychologist. I needed to know I was doing the right thing. I was married to my college boyfriend for a few years. We divorced and I was freaked out about being a "two-time" loser, so to speak...
                            Her words have always stuck with me and I use them any time I need reinforcement
                            "Love is not a feeling. It is a decision"....so I decided to marry my best friend rather than the love of my life and it was the smartest thing I have ever done.
                            Can we say"Sobreity is not a feeling, but a decision"? I think so......hope that helps sweetie
                            all this deep stuff and I have had no coffee
                            I must LURVE you sillies here:h
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Afternoon!

I loved that Haile Gebreselassie carried the torch! Can't think of anyone more appropriate. :goodjob:

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1335584 wrote: Yes. What stopped you, P3?

I wish I could be of more help :l
                                Can't do it, I just feel like I'm so on he border so I'd rather keep to the side of it that leaves options open... Truth now, scared to shit of never being able to drink again
                                There I said it
                                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Working...
                                X