Name change from Rags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name change from Rags.

Due to a bit of peer pressure, Rags is no more, and has been replaced by Burramys.

Which is short for Burramys parvus, the mountain pygmy possum which lives in a tiny area in the Snowy Mountains of Australia, is an endangered species, and was thought to be extinct till a living specimen was discovered in a ski hut in 1966.

I'll leave Charlie Brown as my avatar for a while before following Fan's detailed instructions on how to change my avatar.
    Fran

Name change from Rags.

Well I liked Rags! How is that for shaking things up?
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Name change from Rags.

Funny Lush! I was going to say the same! I thought the name 'Rags' was so darn cool.

Comment

Name change from Rags.

Geez, I liked Rags as well and didn't really want to change it. But, it has an uncouth meaning that I have never used or thought of, and some of the Aussies were giving me a bit of a hard time with it, so changed. Please by all means keep calling me Rags in your posts. Rags was kind of easy going, Charlie Brownish I thought.
        Anyway, Burramys it is now. RJ would kick me out if I asked for another name change!
        Love to you all,
        Rags

Comment

Name change from Rags.

Ok, I confess - it was me...I admit to the gutter brain.....and gutter mouth.... but what happend to KOO ROO??? :-)
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Name change from Rags.

I will echo Kate's sentiment and say that you are your terrific self, no matter what the name. I also happen to love Charlie Brown, as well. Burramys is a cool name too, though. Does it mean anything?

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Name change from Rags.

Young,
              Thanks for your kind words. It is so nice to have people here who unexpectedly say a little something that completely lifts their day.
              Have another read of my original post for Burramys, then try googling it for a pic. Will source a pic and use it as my avatar.
              I had about 20 Peanuts books and got rid of them 10-12 years ago not realising I'd never be able to replace them. Wot a dill I was! Love Lucy. And Schroeder.

Flip,
              Husband and I decided it wasn't me. It would've got abbreviated to Koo. And I'm not a Koo person.
              Feel free to call me Burra or Possum....... so Edna Everidge. Or anything else for that matter.

Comment

Name change from Rags.

I liked Rags too and will kill the person who teased you!!!! But I like the new name too so keep it and we will just have to get used to it!!
                Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Name change from Rags.

Just found a picture of a Burramys.....

Sweet little thing, but I to prefered Rags... Attached files [img]/converted_files/195075=580-attachment.jpg[/img]
                  A F F L..
                  Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Name change from Rags.

Irish, It looks like a rat! They only weigh 40 grams. and are tres cute. Hope you don't come hunting for me.
                    Yeah, I preferred Rags too, but some Aussies is uncouth.

Comment

Name change from Rags.

Don't you worry Rags, if you ever cross my path, I promise to keep my claws well hidden...
                      A F F L..
                      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Name change from Rags.

I prefer to think that it looks like a hamster.
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Name change from Rags.

Burramys aka Rags.....

NOW HEAR THIS!

RJ will not kick you out if you change your name!!!!!!

I repeat.......RJ WILL NOT KICK YOU OUT OVER A MERE NAME CHANGE.

It will take much more for a kick out on MWO then a name change.

Now I will not go futher into this subject and explain......but be rest assured......name changes alone wont do it!

ps...I liked Rags too.
                          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Name change from Rags.

So does this mean that by popular vote I revert back to Rags, and tell all them uncouth Aussies to clean their minds?

Comment

Name change from Rags.

Yes.
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                              X