Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 19th June

Good morning Armyites.

I have just been catching up on yesterdays thread and I must say I am so impressed and humbled by your post Recciebear and your tenacity to make this work pingupants. Reccie, your post was brutally honest and very brave. I loved getting to know you on a deeper level.

Pingu, I loved the fact that something so simple could change your energies from negative to positive. For you learning to play the cello has had a huge impact on that stinking thinking that has plagued you of late. Its something we all need to remember. The smallest changes can have the biggest impact.

Well I am feeling a tad achey after my efforts on Sunday, but still a sense of pride reigns. Now what can I do next
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 19th June

startingover;1337193 wrote: Well I am feeling a tad achey after my efforts on Sunday, but still a sense of pride reigns. Now what can I do next
    Whatever you put your mind to :goodjob:
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

KTAB;1337194 wrote: Whatever you put your mind to :goodjob:
      Ha ha Yes, but sometimes I need some ideas

Now how are you doing Sir?

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

Good morning Starty. I did post about your fantastic run on Sunday. So again Well done you did a fantastic run.

Reccie I read your post yesterday and want to thank you for being so real and honest. I always find your posts both generous and kind and never selfish at all.

Enjoy the cello Pingu. I am trying to learn the clarinet and have a friend giving me lessons once a week.

Stirly asked me what I enjoyed eating in Ithaka. So--- Onion Pie, Spinach Pie, Moussaka, Squid, Octopus
        Lamb Kleftiko, Sardines and Anchovies. The Fresh Orange juice my favourite drink.
        I never met up with Satz probably as I left my phone in Liverpool!!

Enjoy Tuesday Army

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

Hi KTAB How are you?

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

Ah sure I am the right side of the turf squirrel features. Pretty peeved off by some of the crap being posted on the site over the past few days but I suppose I should be used to it kicking off, I have been here long enough. Amazing how a few misplaced or careless words can wound though dont you think.

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

Thank you Mrs A! And delighted to see you back. Are you rested?

Tabbers, words can wound, but also you dont have to allow that to happen. I have read the thread, and there are points from probably each poster that I agree with, and some that I dont. Trouble is, the written word can be taken in many ways. I dunno, this is a sight that has both negatives and positives. But essentially its the positives that win I reckon

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

Hi Anon.

Starty when derisive threads like that are allowed to fester, there are no positives or winners irrespective of the fact that some very good points are made but I do take your point. Anyway time I was off playing with the traffic, see you folks later, be good.

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

Good morning, Army

A quick :hallo: from me as I rush off to the 1st meeting of the day.
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

Morning army another lovely sunny morning. I'm a bit achy mysel as i did my front garden yesterday and cleaned my back double door and hoovered. Needed to be done but my arms are a bit sore this morning. I got my cut and coloured last night which i'm very pleased with same colour but bob style shorter at the back and bit longer at the sides. It was sooo bad before i got it done roots and overgrown:H Reccie it was nice to read your post so honest and from the heart take small steps if you need and one day soon you will be ready to go the path you want i love reading your posts and its greatvto get you know you.:l. Pingu music is a great healer i hope you enjoy learning the cello its sounds like its bringing some peace and giving you a goal. I need to start looking at new and old hobbies again. I'm looking up salsa classes and i found one that i will do when i get from my German trip after this weekend. Well coffee first then AA meeting later. Heres to a good tuesday. Oh thanks panno if you read this nice comments on your post last night. Not sure if you should follow me tho i still stiuggle but i have more support this time around.:cupajoe:

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

Good Morning,

I am sorry I have not been here on the army thread much in the last while, I have been very busy setting up my new community page over on Facebook, which is going very well. I do understand that some people may be annoyed with me because I have been gone or because of my views on "that" thread.

In regard to that thread....they will always happen from time to time, it's the nature of the beast. I am the type of person who has to speak my mind, I used not to be, but I am now and if I see injustice or someone being treated unfairly, I will have my say, rather than say nothing and grumble under my breath.I will also share my opinion and view on something that is very dear to my heart...sobriety.Something that should not be taken lightly.

I think altho the thread took a nasty turn, I also think that some really good positives came out in that some of the long termers are posting in the Newbies Nest.

I hope you keep writing Reccie, you are very good at it.
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

Good morning Starty, KTabbers, Our Whizzy, Tippers, Oners, Fireyfoxy

Gawd another sleepless night. I thought you were supposed to wake up with the birds not fall asleep when it gets light.

Oney, my lovely. We know how busy you are. Crikey, woman. You've got 3 children, a new project and from what I can gather not feeling too grand lately. Add on weddings, confirmations, first communions and your classes I'm surprised you have time to breath.

Naggity, nag bit coming here, go and get your bloods done, so I can stop fretting about you.

As for the other thread. What can I say, they come around and around. Like you say Oners some good has come about in that there are more long termers in the Newbies Nest, but I have my worries that if we all crowd in there that newbies might be intimidated. It's not long ago I saw a post not long ago saying that some of us old timers didn't know what it was like in the beginning. As if I'll ever forget.

Hope that makes sense.

And being called a hypocrite is just not on. I actually had to go and look it up in the thesaurus. Fecking cheek.

Oh and I should apologise too. I feel I've been a bit wrapped up meself with the twins coming, the twins going, the wedding of the year, my damned hat and me fecking gallbladder.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

JackieClaire;1337248 wrote: Good morning Starty, KTabbers, Our Whizzy, Tippers, Oners, Fireyfoxy

Gawd another sleepless night. I thought you were supposed to wake up with the birds not fall asleep when it gets light.

Oney, my lovely. We know how busy you are. Crikey, woman. You've got 3 children, a new project and from what I can gather not feeling too grand lately. Add on weddings, confirmations, first communions and your classes I'm surprised you have time to breath.

Naggity, nag bit coming here, go and get your bloods done, so I can stop fretting about you.

As for the other thread. What can I say, they come around and around. Like you say Oners some good has come about in that there are more long termers in the Newbies Nest, but I have my worries that if we all crowd in there that newbies might be intimidated. It's not long ago I saw a post not long ago saying that some of us old timers didn't know what it was like in the beginning. As if I'll ever forget.

Hope that makes sense.

And being called a hypocrite is just not on. I actually had to go and look it up in the thesaurus. Fecking cheek.

Oh and I should apologise too. I feel I've been a bit wrapped up meself with the twins coming, the twins going, the wedding of the year, my damned hat and me fecking gallbladder.
                          :l:l:l Jackie x
                          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

HOWYIZ - looks like I need a good read back !!!!:egad:

Comment

Army Thread 19th June

Yo Satz,

I must away to work. My addicts neeeeeeeeeeeed me.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X