Need Some Tech Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Some Tech Help.

After a lot of trial and error I can usually figure out how things work on here..
    For example, I now know how to insert images, links and how to change my avator etc....BUT, for the life of me I can't seem to insert those smiley thingys from Smiley Central...I have downloaded the thing which sits in that bar across the top of my screen, when I click on it it opens up all the smileys I could ever want but when I try to insert them into a reply to anything on here all I get is a load of technical jargon..

Please help me someone, cos' I want to be like the rest of you, Boo Hoo, :upset: :boohoo:

Sob, Sob, Louise xx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Need Some Tech Help.

Louise I can't get them either, So I would be interested in any advice too
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

Do you click on your post first then the guy you want?

If I can do this , you can too!

Are there any security blocks on your computer?

I'm so sad for you....I couldn't stand it without my smiles!!

Nancy

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

Poor Me!

Since I downloaded some new security software from my ISP, I can't even get the smilies from this site to work! The tech folks from my ISP are stumped, too. I am really having a pity party for myself!! Maybe I should try smiley central. Wouldn't it be ironic if THAT worked for me? I'm like a lost soul without my smilies!

Good luck Louise, I hope you can get it to work for you!

XOXOX,

Kathy (hug smilie)
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

Irishlady, can't help you there. I'm more curious of how that melon got on that cat's head. Is that super:H imposed?
          where does this go?

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

Hi morrison, I like your avator, I'm sure I dated him once when I was very, very drunk, ugh...

Its a lime on the cats head, and no it isn't superimposed, I just stuck her bum to the table with super glue so she couldn't move, and tied her paws together so she couldn't scratch, piece of cake really to fix it on her head, problem is, now I can't get it off!!!! Never mind...
            A F F L..
            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

HURRAH, NANCY, YOU ARE FANTASTIC...IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

A F F L..
              Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

irishlady;97942 wrote: Hi morrison, I like your avator, I'm sure I dated him once when I was very, very drunk, ugh...

Its a lime on the cats head, and no it isn't superimposed, I just stuck her bum to the table with super glue so she couldn't move, and tied her paws together so she couldn't scratch, piece of cake really to fix it on her head, problem is, now I can't get it off!!!! Never mind...
                Haha. That made me laugh out loud. Thanks.
                where does this go?

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

So morrison, cruelty to animals makes you laugh??? Shame on you...
                  A F F L..
                  Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

Yeah!!
                    Go Irish!!!!!!!
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

I've tried and tried, but I can't get them to work......

:durn:

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

Irish,

You mean that's not you??? I are confused... and all this time I've been communicating to you in meowspeak.
                        YOU ARE A HOOT. LOL.
                        Wow, lurve the penguin. Saw Happy Feet a few weeks ago.... am doing the Happy Dance to hone my balance and dancing skills.

I can't get anything to work as I am a computer klutz. So I don't try. Am going to attempt to reduce the size of pics I email. I sent one to Tawny last night and it took forever to transmit. Her leccy bill will skyrocket.
                        But, am willing to try. Would someone tell me in simple instructions so a possum can understand, how to change the font so I can write BIG and different, and coloured?
                        Maybe we can have a section on how to do computery things. All you wanted to know but were too scared to ask.
                        Speaking of hats did you know that Ivan the Terrible ordered an ambassador's hat be nailed to his head when he didn't take it off in the Tsar's presence.

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

Hi Rags,

If you go to the last post in the thread you want to post in, look at the end of that post and under it in the left hand corner is a box which says POST REPLY, click on that...

It will open up a message box, just above where you type your message is a line of symbols, the first looks like 2 blue triangles with a red cross on them, next to that is a white oblong box with the word FONTS in it, click on the little black arrowhead to the right of that and you will get a drop down menu of different fonts, click on any one of those....Next one is a small white box with the word SIZES in it, again click on the black arrowhead to the right of that and again you will get a drop down menu with different sizes, click on one of those...

Right, last bit coming up...

To change the colour of your print, the next symbol is a large blue letter A with a thick blue line under it, click on the arrowhead next to it and this time you will get a pallet of colours, click on one to get that colour when you type...

Ok, so after that tutorial I will now be expecting to see all your posts in glorious rainbow colours

HAPPYY TYPING

PS. Old Limey Head just read that bit about nailing the Ambassadors hat to his head, last I saw of him, he was breaking all speed records down the back garden and over the fence.. Funny, didn't know he could read!!!

A F F L..
                          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

Techno stuf

LIKE THIS???[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]OH WOW OH WOW OH WOW! I learned somrthing computery!!!
                            You are a clever pussycat. Let me scritch you behind your ears. Oops I can't. There's a lime in the way.

Comment

Need Some Tech Help.

Kudos, Rags, You can do it!!! XOXOX!
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X