coulda been worse....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coulda been worse....

So..I have been trying to taper my drinking....with the goal to be AF by July 1st. I had 3 beers yesterday, instead of my normal 4....then my husband calls me...excited..."It's so and so's going away party at such and such Mexican restaurant...meet us there!"
    now...my husband ALSO has drinking problems...not daily, but a binge drinker...he's been doing pretty good lately...actually coming home at night...and coming home sober....and I also seem to mostly NOT go to these functions...especially while an active alcoholic as I normally am anti-social...so I decide to, for once, actually go.....
    I misheard what my husband said, so I end up at the meeting place an hour early...I would normally look for the nearest bar and nurse a beer or two before they arrive...but I went to the Library instead....pat, pat on my back.....but then everyone showed up and immediately the margaritas started to flow.....I drank...yep...WAAAAAY more than that original 3..but here's the kicker...after I talked my husband out of going for shots at a favorite watering hole with the rest of the gang....we came home and HE went to the bar up the street and stayed out until 3:30am....I just sent him out the door looking like something my cat might leave in his catbox....but I DIDN'T go to the bar....
    yes...I had those margaritas, (and they were yummy)..but I didn't go overboard on them..(well...ME overboard....as having 5 margaritas IS excessive...but it was with dinner and over the coarse of a long evening....see the justification already coming out?) AND...I DIDN'T go to the bar with my husband...I went to bed....
    Anyhow....I am again, just rambling....TRYING to see SOME kind of improvement in my actions....5 years ago, I would have been dragging MY arse to work looking like the cat's REAR.....having stayed out with my husband all night drinking and probably smoking pot in the alley...but last night, (and lately), I have been trying to regulate, somehow....
    Anyhow...I've a "second interview" today. Hoping it all goes well as I just got the last paycheck from the old place and money seems to just FLY out of my fingers....
    ciao for now, ya'll

d(-_-)b

coulda been worse....

yikes.....did you let hubs back in the house?
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
    X