First Step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Step

I think I've finally figured out that no one hates an alcoholic worse then himself!
    Finally Free

First Step

So true Beautifulred, but I can think of a few people who might feel the same way about me if they knew some of the things I got up to when I was drunk......ugh!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

First Step

That's what makes quitting so hard. You have to treat yourself as if you love yourself when you quit. Eventually by faking it, you eventually begin to feel it. I was reading a book by Marianne Williamson in which she says that we stay fat, stay drunk or stay stoned in order to hide our perfection as human beings; as if we are afraid to be criticized for having a perfect life. I feel like that sometimes as lately my life has been blessed with good fortune in love, finances, health, etc. It's like I drank to ensure that I was someone who had her own set of real 'problems'. Not sure if this is true or the idea skims the surface of my reality but it is food for thought.
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

First Step

and what is the point of faking it anymore.....?
        Finally Free

Comment

First Step

I don't get wasted to have fun at night anymore....I get wasted to get to work in the morning and pretend that I am a functional member of society......
          Finally Free

Comment

First Step

Tipper:

We drank not because we had it so bad but becasue we had it so gooooooood!

There is REAL truth to that oh wise one.

And absolutely Beauti: The self loathing is crushing. Hardest thing to get from under...
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

First Step

beautifulred;1341600 wrote: I don't get wasted to have fun at night anymore....I get wasted to get to work in the morning and pretend that I am a functional member of society......
              In all sincerity, perhaps the first step is to rethink what a functional member of society would really mean to you? A good friend of mine used to tell me quite frequently, "Stop beating yourself up, there are plenty in line waiting to do it for you".

Girls, I get that line of thinking. I've actually been known to say "if I didn't drink I would be perfect!". Hardly but we are good people and that can be frustrating in a world gone mad with fantasy, corruption and deception...
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
              X