Day Nine I'm Feeling Fine!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling joyful. Feeling optimistic. I do not miss the booze. Every night is party night at my home as we have a big family and lots of friends and we are the meeting place. We used to push the wine and beer on everyone. Most gladly accepted either. Now I'm offering herbal tea, lemonade, N/A beer along with the wine and beer. Don't care who takes what; all that concerns me is that I stick to my delicious alternatives drinks.

I am so glad Library Girl started the moderation thread. When I read about people's plans to try moderation in the future it really brings home all the times I've tried it and failed. I am not a heavy drinker compared to most and moderation still eluded me. I will not attempt it again. Jason Vale and this forum have convinced me that alcohol has no value to me whatsoever. It helps that I am an extrovert. It tastes crappy, makes me dizzy and tired, puts on the pounds and gives me a shitty start to the next day. It also allows me to let my guard down when near the lake when children visit the lake house. Bad news.

I am confident that this is my QUIT. If it isn't I might as well give up on ever expanding myself to become the person I was meant to be. If it isn't I will live a much smaller life than I had hoped. If it isn't I won't be the loving mentor to my grandchildren I had planned on being. If it isn't I won't be in a position to advise my heavy drinking 30 year old son when he finally comes to terms with his own alcohol abuse. If it isn't I will end up like my 82 year old alcholic mother suffering terribly in the hospital right now wailing for a beer. So, logically, this IS my Quit or I am doomed.

Day nine is so sublime!
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Feckin DEADLY! Keep it up!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
    X