Counsellor Appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counsellor Appointment

Well everyone that knows me, today is the day!

Counsellor appointment in a couple of hours. I will let y'all know how it went.

Counsellor Appointment

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

Please do Bri!
      I'm sure it will be fine...I'm anxious to hear how it goes!!!

:h:h
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

Definitely will let you guys know all about it!

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

It was a fantastic appointment! Wayyyy better then with my last counsellor. There were no awkward silences or nothing.
          I am glad I went and here's to another day of sobriety.

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

Finding the right counselor is sooo important. Glad you found one and congrats on another day sober!
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

Make it happened Briseus!
              Time never waits,it's a golden momentgetting counselling from your favourite one..
              Lots of strengths to you.
              Dix
              A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

Thanks so much RC and Dixon.

I am actually thinking of going to a closed women's only meeting...I was told by my counsellor that I have to go to at least one meeting before I got back for my 2nd appointment.
                Just curious what others thought about meetings such as this.

Thanks. xo

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

Have no idea Bri, but glad you are finding some direction and hope!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

Sounds good to me Bris---closed just means women only (I think) and therefore (presumably) more comfortable/safe and private. What do you have to lose by going? Nadda.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

Thanks guys.
                      I figured that this weekend (long weekend in Canada) is going to be quite tough...so what have I got to lose?

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

Bris I hope you didn't misconstrue my words. I meant what have you got to lose by going to a meeting to facilitate ongoing counseling. What do you mean by it? You are still in a tough situation and right now booze will not help....sorry to sound like a mom....a canadian one at that~!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

I'm glad your counselling session went well, Bri. That's a relief to you, I know. It must be hard to find the right person to talk with. I have tried counselling a couple of times long ago, and never felt comfortable with the doctors. I really should consider this for myself as well. Very proud of you!

Did you mean an AA meeting? I've never been, but it couldn't hurt and you may just get something good from it. Let us know how it goes.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

Way to go Bri !!! I love that your feeling confident. Does the BF know you went ? Doesn't really matter , just wondering. Again congrats on another day sober

Comment

Counsellor Appointment

RC - no no no!!! I was agreeing with you! Lol. No worries! That's why I repeated it. Because I agree...I do got nothing to lose...it's only an hour and my boyfriend supports it so I figured 'what the heck' - in the past I would have never gone...but...for some reason...I'm going to go. I don't know what changed...but...yea! Lol.

LG - yes, it is an AA meeting. I went to an open one almost a year ago and decided it wasn't for me...it was very preachy - so I am hoping that this one isn't going to be. I am also a bit afraid because it is a "closed" meeting and I don't particularly want to talk...I just want to listen...but if it came down to it, what difference would it make. We are all in the same boat. I hope I find some wonderful ladies there as I have found in all of you! (and the guys too of course but there will be no guys there lol)

I definitely wasn't comfortable with my last counsellor, even though of course she meant well...this one seems different, I felt totally at ease and he didn't make me feel stupid. So I am grateful for that!
                              I hope you find someone you can talk to LG. If not, you have us here.

AJ - yes, the boyfriend does know that I went and he knows that I will be going tomorrow as well, he will be dropping me off and picking me up and he is also optimistic that I may find a friend or two in there to help me along my way.
                              We were even supposed to go drag racing tomorrow night but he said not to worry about it - that I can go to this thing if it is what I really wanted.
                              He is quite supportive.

And thank you! Day 5 tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                              X