Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm baaaack you bumbling bunch of rat scat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Techie, love to see you back. How are the eyes and how did the op go?

So good to know you will be blinking at bionic pace.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

SKendall;1343863 wrote: Techie, love to see you back. How are the eyes and how did the op go?

So good to know you will be blinking at bionic pace.
      Hi there. Thank you SO much for asking. Well, the lens replacement went very very well. Still doing drops 3x/day. It's this coming Saturday that concerns me most as it is the retina surgery which is much more involved and invasive. I'm very lucky to have so many wonderful friends here that lift my spirits and support me. Priceless stuff.

How are you doing. Still on the growth stimulator?

You are so sweet.
      John
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Rags;1343844 wrote: Thank you. SUH!
        I shall sign the petition as ordered. SUH!
        Does Cookie want a lend of my cooking knives ? SUH?

Do you also want me to report for additional duties with the regimental band? SUH?

Private Rags I know you have connections. Find out on the quiet what the HELL a Lamington is. Steal a few if necessary. Go FULL BLACK. Oh yeah, if you could provide a few cooking knives for the mess we ALL would appreciate it. I just saw Cookie cauterize a boil on Private Smith's backside with his new one.
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

jessus now i certain i'm discounted and in the brink...however .. I escape!
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

techie;1343878 wrote: Private Rags I know you have connections. Find out on the quiet what the HELL a Lamington is. Steal a few if necessary. Go FULL BLACK. Oh yeah, if you could provide a few cooking knives for the mess we ALL would appreciate it. I just saw Cookie cauterize a boil on Private Smith's backside with his new one.

Will do SUH![/SIZE]

With all due respect [SIZE=4]SUH
            , has Cookie overstepped the line of demarcation and invaded Nurse Jones' area of expert ease SUH?

Comment

Oh Sarge - it is so great to have you back And not just because you awarded me the soup prize without having tasted it or seen pictures of it and the pizza prize without even having made it yet :H:H

2 months to go until spring and 6 months to go till Xmas!!
              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Have infiltrated the Undies drawer SARGE and have the following to report.
                It seems a Lamington refers to a well to do Englishman, SARGE.
                My preliminary investigations reveal a Lamington was in the Antipodes.
                Reports indicate that walking in bushland behind his house in said Antipodes whilst waiting for his chef to prepare an afternoon tea of sponge cake, he happened upon a coconut lying on the ground.
                Further investigation reveals that he sent said coconut to the chef and asked that it be included in the afternoon tea.
                Chef flew into a rage and chopped the cocnut into the finest of pieces, all the while calling upon the dieties for help, thus creating the first dedicated cocnut.
                I infiltrated the government black archives and was able to briefly view historic microfilm from the chefs diary whch relates how desperate he was for inspiration for something to make said dedicated coconut adhere to the sponge cake.
                Seems the chef sat down suddenly, squashing the half a Hershey bar he had secreted in his pocket for sustenance during his escape.
                The sticky substance adhering to his uniform inspired him. Chocolate was the answer Sarge, as it is to many things in this world. (Refer to the Undies thread ).
                Thus was created the other Lamington? a cuboid sponge coated with chocolate icing and dipped in coconut.
                It tasted so good SARGE, that he named the bush where he ate said delicacy, Lamington National Park SARGE..
                Lamingtons Sarge, have nothing to do with Lemmingtons, which are little gopher like rodents which are rolled chocolate then coated in dedicated coconut and roasted over a fire made from wood gatherd from Lamington. Sarge
                As I have now revealed the secret to you, both of us have to retire to the noncomms mess and do the honourable thing??

Which means Sarge, you?re buying.

Comment

PS Sarge, I'm a Corporeal .

Comment

Rags;1343947 wrote: Have infiltrated the Undies drawer SARGE and have the following to report.
                    It seems a Lamington refers to a well to do Englishman, SARGE.
                    My preliminary investigations reveal a Lamington was in the Antipodes.
                    Reports indicate that walking in bushland behind his house in said Antipodes whilst waiting for his chef to prepare an afternoon tea of sponge cake, he happened upon a coconut lying on the ground.
                    Further investigation reveals that he sent said coconut to the chef and asked that it be included in the afternoon tea.
                    Chef flew into a rage and chopped the cocnut into the finest of pieces, all the while calling upon the dieties for help, thus creating the first dedicated cocnut.
                    I infiltrated the government black archives and was able to briefly view historic microfilm from the chefs diary whch relates how desperate he was for inspiration for something to make said dedicated coconut adhere to the sponge cake.
                    Seems the chef sat down suddenly, squashing the half a Hershey bar he had secreted in his pocket for sustenance during his escape.
                    The sticky substance adhering to his uniform inspired him. Chocolate was the answer Sarge, as it is to many things in this world. (Refer to the Undies thread ).
                    Thus was created the other Lamington? a cuboid sponge coated with chocolate icing and dipped in coconut.
                    It tasted so good SARGE, that he named the bush where he ate said delicacy, Lamington National Park SARGE..
                    Lamingtons Sarge, have nothing to do with Lemmingtons, which are little gopher like rodents which are rolled chocolate then coated in dedicated coconut and roasted over a fire made from wood gatherd from Lamington. Sarge
                    As I have now revealed the secret to you, both of us have to retire to the noncomms mess and do the honourable thing??

Which means Sarge, you?re buying.

EXCELLENT WORK Corporal Rags. Now listen RAGS and LISTEN CLOSELY. Your next mission is to infiltrate Miss Behavin's pizza recipe. I need to know if she's importing that cotton pickin New York City water for use in her dough. Report back by 1700 hours !

Comment

The Importance of Amino Acids:
                      Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and also muscle tissue. And they also play a major part in physiological processes relating to our energy, recovery, mood, brain function, muscle and strength gains, and also in our quest for fat loss.

There are 23 amino acids and 9 of these are classed as essential or indispensable amino acids (IAA) that must be obtained from our nutritional intake. The others are termed dispensable amino acids (DAA) or non-essential due to the body being able to synthesise them from other amino acids.

Amino Acid supplement, dosage, side effect, essential and nonessential

Comment

Breaking Bad Habits - 5 Simple Steps for Changing a Habit

"Good habits are hard to develop but easy to live with" and "Bad habits are easy to develop but hard to live with", according to Brian Tracey, a well-known motivational teacher. You may recognize that to successfully manage habit changes, breaking bad habits may be required in order to develop new ones.

Breaking bad habits takes at least 21 days. Of course, in difficult cases, it can take as long as a year. Here's an example of the process of how to change an unhealthy habit to a healthy habit. Suppose you've decided that coffee is not good for you and right now, you drink coffee with sugar daily. The new habit you would like to institute is to drink herbal tea without sugar.

At first, it may be challenging to break the bad habit of drinking coffee. You will have to use self-discipline for the first few weeks but gradually it will get easier. Once you are able to change the old habit to a new healthier one, it will serve you very well. Habits are remarkable because they don't require thinking. You just "do it" for years until you find yourself changing the habit again.

Here are 5 easy steps for changing habits:

1. Awareness: You must become aware of your habits. What is this habit exactly? How is this bad habit or group of bad habits affecting you? How is this habit affecting others? For example, smoking often has negative effects on others as well as on you.

2. Wanting to Change: As someone with a health problem, you must decide that breaking bad habits through a conscious effort is a worthy goal. You must convince yourself that the change in the habit is worth the effort involved.

3. Commitment: You must be determined to do whatever it takes for breaking bad habits so that you can better control your life. You make a decision that "no matter what" you will change the habit. You do the work required to stop. Here are some examples of habits you might want to change: Smoking, eating too much, eating processed foods, not exercising, drinking coffee or other beverages with caffeine in them, eating too much sugar or fat, drinking alcohol, procrastinating, etc.

4. Consistent Action: It is important to focus on changing just one habit at a time. Then, take consistent daily actions for breaking the bad habit that has been causing problems and take the actions to develop a new one. We suggest doing this process one step at a time rather than trying to do it all at once. Sometimes changing a habit can be done "cold turkey" like smoking and sometimes it works better to make a gradual change.

Be sure to give yourself positive rewards often for taking small actions toward changing a bad habit. Continual day-by-day actions are what are critical. This is NOT about an occasional action or step. It is about being consistent every day.

5. Perseverance: There will be times when you question whether it is all worth it. You'll say to yourself that breaking these bad habits is too difficult; that you are too "weak" to change. Your old self, often so comfortable living with the bad habits, is trying to hold on. Breaking your old patterns may require meditation and prayer.

Visualize regularly the rewards for following through and the costs of not following through on breaking the bad habits and especially the value to your future of building new better habits.

Get support from others, especially other people who want to make changes in their lives and read about people who have been successful in breaking bad habits. Affirm that, no matter what, you will not backslide into your old bad habit patterns.

Now, you are armed with a 5-step process for breaking any bad habit or other condition that requires changing. If you have an addiction to something such as alcohol, these steps alone may not be enough. You may require additional professional help or a support group, but for most cases this 5-step process will do the trick!

Article Source: Breaking Bad Habits - 5 Simple Steps for Changing a Habit

Comment

techie;1344222 wrote: EXCELLENT WORK Corporal Rags. Now listen RAGS and LISTEN CLOSELY. Your next mission is to infiltrate Miss Behavin's pizza recipe. I need to know if she's importing that cotton pickin New York City water for use in her dough. Report back by 1700 hours !
                          not a chance ((evil laugh))

But here's a lamington for ya .....

Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Thanks Missy. By Dog that Corporal Raggsy is Like the CIA, MI5, & MWO wrapped into one covert gorgeous bundle.

I hope the serious health and wellness information doesn't get lost due to the humor fun and general foolishness.

because...

Through the difficulties

One of life?s greatest gifts is the fact that life is difficult. Because in dealing with life?s difficulties, you build priceless skills.

Those skills enable you to successfully fulfill your deepest, most meaningful purposes. It is precisely because life is difficult that you are able to make it great.

It is because life is difficult that you are able to rise above the difficulties. You are able to make a difference and you are able to truly matter.

The burdens you carry can set the stage for your greatest triumphs. The challenges you work through challenge you to become stronger and more capable.

Life?s difficulties provide the resistance to strengthen your life muscles. Though it is painful to feel the burn, it is also immensely satisfying to feel those muscles growing ever more powerful.

Accept and acknowledge life?s difficulties, and you connect yourself with life?s great opportunities. Work your way through the difficulties, and you arrive at sweet, satisfying fulfillment.

Comment

techie;1344222 wrote: EXCELLENT WORK Corporal Rags. Now listen RAGS and LISTEN CLOSELY. Your next mission is to infiltrate Miss Behavin's pizza recipe. I need to know if she's importing that cotton pickin New York City water for use in her dough. Report back by 1700 hours !
                              YESSIR SARGE!

Comment

Psst. Sarge.
                                It's me.

Shhhhh.

Quick, close the door and put on your night vision goggles.
                                I can show this only once then I have to somehow get them back to the files before anyone knows they're missing.

This is a Lamington.

So is this.

And this is a pre - Lemmington

Comment

Working...
                                X