Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 K Run.

Gidday everyone,

Today i celebrated 28 days of freedom with a 10 kilometre run. Not a great distance for some, but a symbolic distance for me.

Some of you would know that sometimes i like to think it's all about me (isn't it? ), but not always. It's also about sharing, so here is my little share of my humble day. During my runs i usually do around 4/5 k's then some exercise, but today i just thought to myself, keep going Gman and go for 10. It was more for my state of mind than the exercise. I felt i needed to achieve......something. Some starlings flew an aerial dance around me at certain points, as if to say, mate, you may be a meathead, but keep it going, we're with you. There were joggers tall and short, big and small. There were strugglers, stragglers, pro athletes, breakdowns, break ups, flab, bone, sweat and tears, and joy and laughter. All out there having a go.

For every person out there today, of all ages, sizes, gender, mental and physical state, there was the moment that they had to decide, choose. Every runner, jogger, walker i saw today made the decision, and chose to put one foot in front of the other and step outside their front door today, rain, hail or shine. A real self care sort of statement to ourselves. There would've been people fighting addiction, mental, emotional and physical health issues out there running, unremarkable in appearance, me among them. Everyone has their battles, and we can't know what others are going through, but we aren't too different, are we?

So friend, put one foot in front of the other. Step out your front door. Just keep moving, and stop every now and then to smell the roses, or crys....crysanth.....crysanthenems whatever they're called.

Life is so much better sober, and if i can, you can take your precious life back too. Scary? a little. Exciting? You bet! It will just require a little leap of faith from you, in YOU, to begin.

Go for it. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

10 K Run.

Nice post Mr G and :goodjob: on the 10K
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

10 K Run.

Great post Gman,

I'm heading out for a race in a few myself. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time, slow and steady definitely wins the race.
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

10 K Run.

:h
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

10 K Run.

Wonderful Greggers! I did 5k myself the other week and it made me feel so good :l
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

10 K Run.

WTG G!!!!
            You are the man
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

10 K Run.

startingover;1343584 wrote: Wonderful Greggers! I did 5k myself the other week and it made me feel so good :l
              You bewwwdy Starters! Let's see some more of that.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

10 K Run.

Brilliant post Mr G. Running has certainly helped in my sobriety and my sobriety has certainly helped my running.
                It is such a great metaphor for one day at a time putting one foot in front of another.

Comment

10 K Run.

Great post as always Mr G xxxxxx
                  :dancin: enguin:
                  starting over

Comment

10 K Run.

:h:h
                    well done G!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

10 K Run.

Great job guitarista! It must be exhillerating! Very nice post.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                      Sylvia Plath

Comment

10 K Run.

Have missed you around here G. Good on you. That'll be in my head on my morning walk tomorrow. There is something so uplifting about seeing all the people, puppies, kids out and about in the park of a sunny winter morning.

Comment

10 K Run.

awesome G!! I'll imagine that I'm I'm chasing you and then I might get another 100m further on ...... :H
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

10 K Run.

I don't run Mr G, as you know.
                            Next time maybe you could pop me into a little trolley and tow me behind you?
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

10 K Run.

Wow!

C'mon Missy.... I reckpn you could just about keep up with Mr G. Especially if he was towing Bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X