Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wunderoos July

Happy July friends!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Wunderoos July

Morning all& hears to a happy July
      So glad i work up at a decent hour this morning
      Fickle its great to see you, i think joining a netball club is a great idea plus a chance to meet new people.
      Keeping really busy is good as well, and do things that you will get instant results from, i have started bakeing cakes and i never bake but i felt really good after especially when the cakes turn out lovely
      Well i am trying to drink my coffee and all i am getting from my boys is when can we go on the Xbox i would'nt mind but they are not even dressed yet!
      Happs have all your boys moved any limbs yet?
      Well another busy day for me
      Hope you all have a great day xx
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Wunderoos July

What a nice turn-out for the first of July! Great to see you in here, Ficks - hey ... how did those plants go? The ones you planted along the fence. Patio roses if I remember right? Cold and drizzly here; one down - two to go and we'll be springing into it again.

Comment

Wunderoos July

Hello there Ficks.
          Thats right... you were into doing all that planting.

Comment

Wunderoos July

So as we drive to Sinney yesty I took a picture of the lymphatic drainage leg octopus.

Then after visiting Mr Rags' sister, we find a parking spot in Kings X and go to Ortolan.
            They served us with an amusing bush.....Spanner crab confused custard with a fine dice of tomato and spanner crab on top, The waiter then ceremoniously poured a crab consumerey deduction on top. Mixed together it was scrummy. Sitting on the spoon was a most delicate shoe pastry profit ter oll filled with a crab infused chantilly cream.

Mr Rags then had bunny rabbit for mains with baby carrot, beet and babt turn up.. and mashed potato (yeah) with herbs innit.

I had a crappy net of quail on a brioche, with some rooly nice tiny mushrooms

Comment

Wunderoos July

Dessert for Mr Rags was cheese. Look at that knife pleat in those trousers. Sarge would be proud of that.

The almonds were drenched in the lightest most delicately flavoured honey I have EVER tasted. Waitress said it came from a farm somewhere in the Hunter called Salvation Jane. Not much help. (And the honey certainly didn't taste like Salvation Jane. Or Pattersons curse... :H)

I had bombed Alaska.

with heartseas.

And this afternoon ... guess what I'm going to make.

BTW who won the soup comp? Was it Ronnie?

Comment

Wunderoos July

Ficks - so lovely to see you! I'll do an AF July with you ....... I completely lost my mojo in June, but feeling quite determined at the moment. What I did do in June though was get back seriously into my exercise programme, so what with that and not having two brass farthings to rub together at the moment, that should keep me on the straight and narrow.

We've just got back from the weekend. Mr B's boy has a really dreadful cold, and was quite keen to leave school as early as possible, so we are home a bit earlier than usual which is lovely. It was so cold last night that I didn't sleep particularly well, (and it required running the car for 10 minutes just to get the ice off the windows!!) so I'm feeling a bit wrecked today. So tonight's agenda involves macaroni cheese a bath and an early night!!!

This is our favorite pie shop in Wanganui, which sells pies from Raetehi, a tin pot town in the middle of the volcanic plateau. The pies are incredibly nice, with really interesting fillings and proper meat.

If you look at the bottom right hand-corner of the cabinet on the left, you can just see .......

..... pineapple and lime lamingtons :H:H I think they look very artistically presented myself. but then I can sometimes be a bit of a bogan

Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Wunderoos July

Gosh, Rags and I had completely opposite culinary experiences this weekend :-) :-)
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Wunderoos July

Miss Behaving;1343855 wrote:

EVIL! PURE EVIL!

Din-dins looks great, Rags.

Missy won the Soup Comp because Techie said so and she'll also win the Pizza Comp because she was a Pre-pubescent Pizza Prodigy. It's only fair.

Erm ... if there were eggs I'd guess lemon/passionfruit butter ...

Comment

Wunderoos July

Missy, I'd buy one or three...they look gooood...

Comment

Wunderoos July

Hey guess what I just bought? two of actually....

Comment

Wunderoos July

CHOOKS!!!!!!

Comment

Wunderoos July

tawnyfrog;1343861 wrote: CHOOKS!!!!!!
                            Prize goes to Tawny!!

Meet Licorice....her sister Ebony had a photo but they look identical....

Comment

Wunderoos July

Australorps? Great stuff! Judging by the size and colour of comb, might be a few weeks before the first googy?

Comment

Wunderoos July

Yes Austrachicks...I'm thinking so for the laying time...its was like pulling teeth getting info out of the chook place Sunday shift...did see some really cute chick chicks...maybe when its warmer and how I could justify the price of a Heritage chook...

Comment

Working...
                                X