Wunderoos July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wunderoos July

Hello lovely underneath people - greetings from a very wet, rainy Ireland - yes lovely & green but we are kinda getting pi**ed off with this rain EVERY day:moon:
    Looks like I missed you all again !
    Tomorrow !

Comment

Wunderoos July

Morning Undies. How calming is the Desiderata?

I'm guessing no news on young Satz? still hoping for the best outcome for him - and you Satz...

Off to do some walking...

Comment

Wunderoos July

Good reminder TF.

I'm feeling a lot better today although I still sound like a fog horn

Satz has had an email from her son and she and I are in PM contact.

Tawny - have you ever made sauerkraut? I love it (particularly on fresh rye bread with pickles and warm corned beef .......... yum!) and thought that that is what I might do with (at least some of the) red cabbage, but it looks a bit complicated.
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Wunderoos July

Morning Gangstas,

Missy - yes, have made sauerkraut but wouldn't bother again. Too tedious and the stuff in the jar is just as good. IMHO, red cabbage wouldn't be suitable as it would lose it's colour and just turn into a pink pile of sludge. I think it's great raw as a coleslaw, maybe with grated carrot and apple and a good dressing. If you want to go the whole traditional bit, here's a link to a recipe similar to what I make. German Red Cabbage | sel et sucre. Again, it's about an hour and a half of your life you won't get back ...

All's good in frogworld - heavy rain all night

Comment

Wunderoos July

Miss Behaving;1348060 wrote: Good reminder TF.

I'm feeling a lot better today although I still sound like a fog horn

Satz has had an email from her son and she and I are in PM contact.

Tawny - have you ever made sauerkraut? I love it (particularly on fresh rye bread with pickles and warm corned beef .......... yum!) and thought that that is what I might do with (at least some of the) red cabbage, but it looks a bit complicated.
            Dog love you Missy.
            Hello Satz love. Are you sure that boy hasn't just run of with a beautiful Maori girl?:H
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Wunderoos July

ronnie;1347818 wrote: What a lovely post Tawney xxxx
              Right i have to make sure im feeling better by wednesday. ... I will do my best as all this lying around in pain is not good for me plus my house is starting to look messy but the boys being on school hols dont help
              I am going to make sure i am in a better frame of mind in the morning
              Hope you are all having a lovely evening xxxx
              So did you end up with an infection after all that Ronnie?
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Wunderoos July

tawnyfrog;1348083 wrote: If you want to go the whole traditional bit, here's a link to a recipe similar to what I make. German Red Cabbage | sel et sucre. Again, it's about an hour and a half of your life you won't get back ...
                t
                thanks ...... I think I will make this tonight. Boy is going back to his mother in the morning and has requested corned beef and mashed potato with mustard sauce, but I always have to make sure that there are at least token veggies!!
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Wunderoos July

Rain here overnight too Froglette, will make sorting out some of the wild vegies a little easier. I want to cull and replant this weekend, its like a jungle out there. Chooks all good, Licorice and Ebony are really tame and part of the flock now. Coz their beaks are sharp they hurt when they peck you, they have a toe fetish so I think I will need to invest in covered footwear. My battery girls had their beaks trimmed - shudder - and can tap at you for ages.

Have a maths tutor with the middle locust today....grrrrr...dont get me started....hes complaining coz its still holidays...i'm complaining coz he needs one...we have no idea how to help him with anything...

Missy, you've made me think of mashed potato for dinner tonight even though I've just finished my porridge...something comforting about mash...

Comment

Wunderoos July

Morning all, just had a cup of coffee. Yum. PLanning hubs bday which is a few weeks away. He's not big on birthdays or holidays, and I'm an over the top celebrate kind of girl. I decorate for Christmas on November 1st. Jeesh. Anyways, he always says he wants nothing and I go all overboard. So his ice cream cake is ordered, and I see some shopping in the future today.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Wunderoos July

Morning all,
                      How bad am i? I have just got out of bed mind you i did not get to sleep untill 2am as hubbie was bloody snorning so much!
                      Bridge i have a dentist app on Thursday but i dont think i have an infection i think its just all the bruising ect comming out.
                      Its going to be a fun day today as i have barred the xbox all day why why did i choose the school hols to have off work. ..lol
                      Well im off to finish my coffee
                      Have a great day everyone xx
                      :dancin: enguin:
                      starting over

Comment

Wunderoos July

Hiya Ronnie - I believe you've got today to get better because Wednesday's the day for both you and Missy to be well again. It is written.

I've had a most wonderful morning watching a little cormorant which seems to have taken up residence around the pond. Beautiful critter.

Where's Raggsy? Last seen going to the Opera ...

Comment

Wunderoos July

Absolutly beautifull Pic Tawn....

Comment

Wunderoos July

Good aftenoon All

how you all going...

Ronnie, Missy hope your both feling better...

nothing much happening here, just doing a bit of washing and cleaning....

Comment

Wunderoos July

Hey Lilly - Based on the writing on the finger puppets, I think you must have one of those clever sewing machines that can do 'stuff'. There was a really nice thing happening here quite a while ago when one of our members (please let me get this right) 'AccountableForMe' was diagnosed with breast cancer. Another member (please let me get this right) 'Lavande' made her a most beautiful embroidered cap. It was a standard baseball style cap but across the front were the words "F*ck Cancer" and the * part was a superb pink ribbon. I wish I could find the pic again. It was simply beautiful.

Comment

Wunderoos July

Evening Undies. Tawny, I remember reading something about the cap when I was just starting here. I didnt see it but heard of it. Think you have the who's right. Wish I could see a picture though. I cant/dont so coz I cant sew but love to see other peoples work. Lovely stuff.

Is your little cormorant after frogs by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                                X