Wunderoos July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wunderoos July

My thoughts on the photo i'd intended to share: looking at what an innocent darling thing i was, in my pink nightie under a flowering rose bush, so young and holding my firstborn, the enormity of my beloved's betrayal at the time really sinks in.. Man what a misogynistic scumbag. What a terrible person for me to have put my faith in. Oh to have invested so much of myself in such a nothing. Ho hum. Luckily I do not feel tragic about it at all now.. merely fascinated.

Comment

Wunderoos July

I wonder why it is that you can go through your whole life considering yourself nothing much to look at... and it's not until you get old that you can see a picture of your younger self and say... gosh.. she was pretty! Ain't it strange

Comment

Wunderoos July

fickle;1356547 wrote: Luckily I do not feel tragic about it at all now.. merely fascinated.
        Spot-on way to look at it. I don't feel tragic about my non-soul-mate mate. Sure, at the time I was fusking chronic but now I look back and thank him for all the good stuff we shared. It was such a big part of what helped me become 'Me'.

Comment

Wunderoos July

Why thanks Reggie,
          To be sure I feel old and crusty at the moment.. I look at my daughters fussing about their looks and wish I could put them at their ease..
          Sounds llke you had some awesome times TF!

Comment

Wunderoos July

fickle;1356550 wrote: I wonder why it is that you can go through your whole life considering yourself nothing much to look at... and it's not until you get old that you can see a picture of your younger self and say... gosh.. she was pretty! Ain't it strange

Completely understand Ficks.
            However I would say that the second half of your life is a lot more about impressing your self
            , than it is about impressing other people.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Wunderoos July

I always considered myself to be 'average-on-the-plain-side'. Now I don't give a fat rat's. I'm ME. Sometimes I impress me, sometimes I shit me ... and that's ok too.

Comment

Wunderoos July

tawnyfrog;1356562 wrote: I always considered myself to be 'average-on-the-plain-side'. Now I don't give a fat rat's. I'm ME. Sometimes I impress me, sometimes I shit me ... and that's ok too.
                Me too Froglette.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Wunderoos July

Erm....PS: Why do we always habitually downgrade ourselves??? Just wondering....
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Wunderoos July

oh look what my children showed me today...
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX1YVzdnpEc[/video]]Barack Obama Singing Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen - YouTube

Comment

Wunderoos July

byebyebridgetjones;1356571 wrote: Erm....PS: Why do we always habitually downgrade ourselves??? Just wondering....
                      Hmmm.. Bridge i was wondering this myself and whether or not it has anything to do with being female or rather being 'brought up female'. I like to think I won't have passed on terrible self esteem to my children but heck I wonder!

Comment

Wunderoos July

Now i don't want to get all bolshie on you but here are some interesting articles. It's one thing to review one's own attitude toward oneself, and another when you look at the crazy context we live in.
                        'Gender tax' a grim reality - Summers
                        Australian women lagging in super, pay, board spots | News.com.au
                        The gender gap in retirement savings
                        Accumulating poverty? Women’s experiences of inequality over the lifecycle (2009)

Comment

Wunderoos July

Awe I missed the photos because i actually made dinner.
                          Ficks, I look at my younger me pics and think I was a beauty, even though I got made fun of a lot growing up and called ugly plenty. It really is how you feel about yourself.
                          And all the experiences I have been through have led me to the here and now, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Wunderoos July

hello Sunshine,
                            I don't know if I would want to change me... I like to think I would be me regardless.. But sure, some of the pain and hurt I could have done without.
                            If i can be well and make a difference to some other people's lives then I know the nasty experiences have benefit I guess.

Hey and I heard an interesting news story today on news radio about how staying at work right up to the last minute when you are pregnant can harm your child in the same way that smoking can. Now I'm not 100% certain that I was not listening to some kind of crazy propaganda. It made me feel very wierd though.. considering how hard women have fought over so many generations to be allowed to work and have equal pay etc..

Comment

Wunderoos July

fickle;1356584 wrote: Now i don't want to get all bolshie on you but here are some interesting articles. It's one thing to review one's own attitude toward oneself, and another when you look at the crazy context we live in.
                              'Gender tax' a grim reality - Summers
                              Australian women lagging in super, pay, board spots | News.com.au
                              The gender gap in retirement savings
                              Accumulating poverty? Women’s experiences of inequality over the lifecycle (2009)
                              I really hope Missy weighs in on this - she's certainly qualified to comment.

Comment

Wunderoos July

Reggie;1356589 wrote: Men make bad choices too ..just saying
                                Abso-bloody-lutely, Reggie!

Comment

Working...
                                X