Clear All

One Step at a Time - July 2012

thanks
    I like to think of it as almost 90 with a slip....sigh
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Sun - your post is back there somewhere. I've been thinking about you all day. She sounds like she was a very special person. I hope that you have been able to relax while listening to your fountain. :l:l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I saw your post too Sun! I hope you are getting some much needed relaxing time!

Hey Nora, Wild and Mama...I totally can relate with how we feel about our children. My daughter is my only child so when she leaves for college it leaves a tremendous hole and the house is soooooo empty. I am so hoping that this time without AL in the picture that I can keep my emotions a bit more in check....I was a friggin mess whenever she left to go back to college last year!
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Oh Destiniey I was too last year. That was her first year though and she is my baby. I cried for weeks before I took her and cried all the way home. Tomorrow we leave for her sophmore year. No tears yet and don't think there will be this time. If someone would have told me when they were young that I would still feel like this now I would have laughed. I guess the good news is though is that we all love our children so very much!

Comment

morning peeps
            Mama is sleepy

Comment

lalalalalalalalalalalala

Comment

Morning jan !! LOL - you looked so lonely I thought I would pop in and say hi to you....

love and hugs :l

sun XX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Morning everyone!

K9 is sleepy too. I'm getting lazy! I don't get up until 7:00am these days, and yet I make it in to work by 7:45 (that may explain the way I look...HA!) When school starts I am going to have to get up earlier.

ClearEyes and Dest - Boy can I relate to how you feel about your daughters...mine is my one and only too and I can't bear the thought of her leaving! Thank goodness she's only a Sophmore in High School so I still have some time. She's so busy these days that I think I'm getting a preview of what it's going to be like...maybe it's good that I'm easing into it.

Hope everyone has a great day!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Good morning all. Getting ready to pack up the cars and head off. Send me strength as I chose to drink the past three days. Don't know why just did Saturday night and then made it easy for the next two. My mind set is different today. Will keep coming back until I get it right.

Comment

thinking of you clear eyes....you can do this.....drinking will just make your sadness worse, right?

Comment

K9 ...after the way my son drove today I am ready for him to be gone.
                        What a twerp....he was shifting gears and being all funny and spilled coffee all over my dress
                        I was not a happy camper!!!
                        I kaboomed the shower again today..........my life is complete

Comment

Paula
                          where are you love??
                          I hope you are ok

Comment

Hi friends,
                            I've also been wondering about Paula. I bet she's fine, moving along in her new life without alcohol.

Clear eyes, I'm on your schedule. We can do this together. I truly don't want to drink any more, sounds like you are mostly there as well.

Mama, I gotta get some of that Kaboom and put it under my butt.

K9 and Dest, no daughters or sons in this household, just hubby and I and our beautiful, beloved rescue dog. She is our third dog in our 30plus marriage. It is so difficult when their relatively short lives end.

Guess I'm going for a bike ride, maybe it will cheer me up a bit. Usually I go in the morning, but I won't have time tomorrow.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

sorry you are blue Sun....exercise will help!

Comment

Hello all. Long day today. Still at work.

Paula went on a short holiday to take her sister's ashes to the sea. Are they back from that yet? I didn't think they were home yet.

Sun - I hope that you feel better. I'm sure it is hard right now thinking of your friend.

Sunni - hope you feel better from your cold.

AARRGGGHHH - back to work for me. I'll be back later. :h
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X