a somersault???
    yeah right
    my fanny!!
    Finaaly home and flopping...long, HOT day
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

One Step at a Time - July 2012

Hi everyone, just popping in to say hello. Had a busy day at work. Great to still be sober, not having to many problems with cravings if I keep busy, also managing to sleep better, but I am taking codeine at bedtime, otherwise I have a lot of pain. I do always have painkillers in the house, I used to worry about dependency, but it's not a problem for me, thank god. I only take when really nescessary. Looking forward to a good weekend for everyone.

Comment

Hi Sweet Paula!!

Comment

Hi Paula. I don't have any problems with those drugs either. I have lorazepam but very rarely use it. I'm sorry that your pain is bad. I hope that you feel better. :l
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

me too Paula

Comment

Hi Friends,
              Paula, Glad you are still doing well. I have a prescription for Tramadol, also one to use with caution. It is not a sleep aid, more of a stimulant effect, but it really helps me get moving when I have a lot of physical things to do, or just want to take a long walk in the park with my husband or a friend. I would rarely take it more than once weekly.

Nora, my very large nephew burst the seam on an air bed. Now I don't inflate it as much, and put a foam camping mattress under it for extra cushioning.

Mama Bear, you really do hold Nora's little family together. You are probably very accustomed to the heat I complain about. It did briefly hit a "feels Like" temp of 104 yesterday, slightly cooler today.

Today my oatmeal is slathered in fresh local peaches from the farmers' market. Somebody has to balance out all that junk food talk....
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Oh Sun..I am slobbering over that yummy breakfast.
                Guess we are the early birds every morning
                it's hot as heck here too
                I am sipping coffee, then going to sneak off the brekkie with Hubs at Village Inn....
                bacinabit

Comment

Good morning all. Brekkie for us is little raisin rolls tha we bought hot from the 'boulangerie' which is bakery in French (Quebecer here). I will rewarm them.. yummy.

Last night we were invited by our tea-totalling neighbors to go on a pontoon ride on the lake. It was wonderful until she pulled out a bottle of Amarillo; a nice almond liqueur that she served with orange juice. i know she brought it because we are always seen as the partying drinkers and she wanted to be the perfect host. It was sweet of her and I came within a millimoment of accepting her lovely glass of poison. I explained in my rotten French (she speaks no English) that I had stopped drinking and she asked "Pourquoi?" i said that with living on the river at home and on the lake here, it's too dangerous if there's not someone around who's not drunk. So she thought that was a great reason and i popped open my gingerale. Very proud of myself... it just takes a moment's lapse in judgement.

You guys sound great for the most part. Enjoy the weekend.
                  Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tip, bravo! I think that would have been a difficult one for me. I don't want to drink, but I might have just to be polite. Then the coaster starts rolling....
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good morning Early Birds and Late Birds!
                      Dealing with intense financial matters. Doing it sober. Please wish me success.
                      Everyone's looking good. Keep on stepping forward and be well.:l
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

strength to you RC
                        Tips...I am so proud of you'
                        I will be at our lake place most of the week on vacation. Bon fires, beers......
                        determined to make it
                        so, I know how tough that challenge was for you

Comment

Hello Steppers! I slept in until 11:00. WOW!!! That was wonderful.

Sun - I probably am inflating the bed too much. Thanks! Fresh peaches sound WONDERFUL!!!

Tipp - great job on you. That was really great.

Paula - hope you're feeling better. :l

Mama - have a wonderful vacation. You are sound really positive. :h

RC - thinking of you friend. Hang in there. Things will get better. :l

Well - the kids are getting antsy for the birthday party across the street. :H There is a blow up water slide thing. Party doesn't start for an hour but they just got invited to come over now! There they go.................
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I think that my son has been on a bender since he got fired on July 4th. I talked to him yesterday morning and told him that he needs to stop. He agreed with me. I thought he was better. But, then yesterday evening, I could tell that he was drinking again. I've just been sick to my stomach with worry. Yes - he's 25 years old.....an adult....living on his own. But, it all comes back to me worrying and feeling guilty that he learned this bad behavior from me. No matter how much I thought I hid it, he had to have seen it. I have been so tense. Scott even told me that he could hear me grinding me teeth last night. I've had such a headache for days and my jaws hurt.
                            All I can do is try to talk to him again. He has to find his own way. But, it hurts to watch.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

First water slide injury. Ky fell on Buddy's foot. I put ice on it & he's back over there now.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi , I have 2 mins, and I have to run again,
                                has anyone heard from Bris, hope shes doing well, Nora, 25 or 75 there still our babies and we will worry no matter what. Please don't be so hard on yourself.. When we know better we do better and your doing better now.
                                Tripp, I wish I was a strong as you, maybe someday.

Every one else Keep strong, and live long ! will touch base againg tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X