One Step at a Time - July 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering about Cinders, hope she's ok.

Comment

LG, I guess with your title you would know about books. I will download Rebecca (of Sunnybrook Farm)? or is there another one? Have fun treasure hunting. Any reason to be outside is usually good for me, but I stay in the shade if I can, or visit a beach late in the day.

Paula, you continue your success, that is great. Send some rain this way will, you?

Now that you mention her, I also wonder about Cinders. She has REALLY struggled.

Nora, I will pm you about that link. I like Amazon better than bookstores because I love reading the reviews. I still buy a lot of used books for 1 cent plus 3.99 shipping. The James Patterson books, which my husband passed on to me, are a compelling read, but not satisfying like many other well-written books I've enjoyed. I also enjoy passing along good books to my friends.
      Thank you for commenting on my faith reflection of today. Church has been a part of my entire life, but focusing more on it, using it as a tool, is really helpful for me right now. I search this web site for inspiration for my daily prayer, and frequently think about what I will include in my prayer tomorrow. Way better than thinkin' about drinkin'!

Dest, stay cool with those horses. I've complained about the heat here because we don't usually get too much of it, and we are spoiled. Many areas of the country are really roasting, many have been without power due to those storms.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Paula.....you are doing GREAT! I am so proud of you!!!!! Could you please send some rain my way....ugh....I can't keep up with watering my poor tomato and pepper plants!

Sun.....trying to stay cool! I should'nt complain...at least I haven't lost power...I fel so bad for those that are without it! Supposedly they are saying that this heat wave should start to go away tomorrow...one can only hope!
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Thanks for your vote of confidence, sending rain your way, Dest. Sun I think the Rebecca that LG suggested was probably by Daphne du Maurier. It is a great book, you will enjoy it.

Comment

Hello Steppers!

I drove my nieces friend back home yesterday. So we're back to two kiddos for this week. Then we'll be getting my nephew's three kiddos to join in the fun.

Hope that everyone is doing well. We are having warmer weather this week but nothing like the terrible heat wave affecting so many.

Have a wonderful day! Keep on taking that one step at a time. :wavin:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora...you have been busy, busy with the kiddos! What better way to occupy your time though! Have a wonderful day..and yes.... one step at a time!
              AB Club Member
              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

I am here! On phone so cannot type. Just got off jet ski!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Des! Yes it has been great having the kids. How is your weather today? Any break in the heat?
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Mama!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi everyone, just got home from shopping, bought a new car! well 1 year old. Enjoy your holiday Mama.

Comment

How fun Paula! A new car. Enjoy!!!
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The heat is still crazy here Nora....supposedly it is going to start to break tomorrow....I sure hope so!

Mama.....you go girl.....have fun on that jet ski!

Paula....congrats on the car.....thats so great!!!!!
                          AB Club Member
                          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Hi all,
                            Dest, it a perfect summer day here, about 80 with low humidity, a few clouds. I do hope this weather reaches you soon.

MB, I bet you are learning just how much fun a vacation can be without alcohol. Wheee!

Paula, a new car! An aging uncle gave us a nice cash gift last winter, and we put it toward a new Toyota Prius V (not five, V for versatile!) It is getting 48 MPG in the economy mode: slower acceleration, but I can push a button for more power to climb a steep hill or pass another car. I have fit 14 bags of mulch in it, 3 cu ft each, the big ones. Great capacity for all my gardening on the go stuff. Very exciting, getting a new car.

Nora, thanks for the links. I will look at them this evening on my Kindle. So far I have only downloaded a few free books, through Amazon. I bought the extra cable I needed to access Gutenberg.com for all those out of print books, but just haven't used it yet.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sun, we were torn between a Toyota and a VW passat, as we've had a passat for the past 3 years problem free, we settled for another one, we also tow a caravan and its very economical on fuel, and the fuel price over here is astronomical. Sorry you are all suffering from the heat, I wish we had just a little. We are still having floods, I'm sure the ark is going to turn up anytime.!!

Comment

Hi Steppers!

I have a Toyota Rav 4. It has been a great car for us. It was the first new car that my husband and I had ever bought together (after 30 years of marriage). Wow! Can't believe that we are going to have been married for 35 years in December.

Paula - Hope you get some relief from the rain. That has just been going on & on. We are getting into the high 80's now but nothing like the heat that the rest of you have been suffering with.

Sun - hope you found some good books. I have downloaded so many......I have hundreds now that I haven't read yet. I love to read.

Well - my niece & her husband will be moving back to California in a couple weeks. So, that means the kiddos will be going home. But, at least we'll see them more often since they're moving back here. They have been stationed overseas for the past 3 years.

Hope everyone is havings a wonderful day!!!!!!

PS - Mama - hope you're having fun. :l
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X