One Step at a Time - July 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just standing in for Jan while she is gone. I always lurk here - LOL. Just hated to see you sad..... hang in there - you are having it tough with the kids there - I have always said rather you than me! you are a VERY good Grandmummy !!!

love and hugs to you,

love, sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I love you friend.........:l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Love you too Flower xxxxx
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Boy, no posts at all. I guess even Nora is on vacation, at least from posting. Today ends my third af week.

Just another busy day for me. Worked all day, then helped at church fundraiser and attended a meeting.

This will be an evening ending in my Softub hot tub. I just use it April - October.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Sun - sorry that I wasn't around today either. It's been a very, very long day. My best friend is suicidal. I was trying to call & reach people from another state. She is ok now but nothing has been resolved. I'm exhausted so heading to bed.

Hope everyone is still stepping. :l
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Same here Guys, my wife can drink sensably, and could easily stop if she wanted to! But not me, as I am an alkie. Tried to mod and it just doesn't work. This is a nice thread,thanks everyone! It is very hard when everyone around you drinks and u can't. well done Mamma Bear!

Comment

Hi Nora - sorry about your friend - hang in there - love to you XX :l:l

Comment

Hey Boozer - glad to have you join us. Yep - I'm an alkie too. i keep thinking that I can mod. Not fooling anybody.

Sunni - thanks. Love xxoo
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora....so sorry to hear about your friend. You must have nerves of steel to be dealing with this stress and not cracking! You are a very strong person! I hope you get a good nights sleep and that everything turns out well!
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Nora, I hope your friend has turned a courner. My thoughts are with you.

Boozer, glad to see your post. Like you, I've been around this site for a few years and it is time to be done for good. It would be nice to hear a guy's voice in our thought chain. There don't seem to be very many fellows here on this site, none posting regularly on this thread.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi everyone, I also know I can't mod, tried an failed so many times. I think I am about the same stage as you Sun, I'm so determined to get to that 30 days mark. Good to have you here Boozer. Hope your friend is ok Nora, hi Dest and Sunshine.

Comment

Has anybody heard from Cindy.?

Comment

Morning Steppers ! Just drop in to say hello. Boozer stick around great support here. Welcome. I'm off to seek my gardening endeavors. Keep Jamin man !
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Good morning everyone!!!!!

Paula..I haven't head from Cindy or RC for that matter. Hmmm...I hope all is OK with them.

I agree with moderation...my experience with mod is waking up wondering how the hell I got to bed....not good!

Hi Sun, Sunshine, Boozer and Nora.....I hope all is well with your friend!
                              AB Club Member
                              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Hey Steppers!

Thanks for the support everyone. Des, I haven't been doing well the last few days. And, alcohol doesn't help a thing. Nothing major but not good either.

I have PM'd Cindi and haven't heard back from her. I'm worried. I haven't heard from RC either. I hope that they both are doing well.

Back to work for me. It's been a long morning and it's only 10:00 here.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X