Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

One Step at a Time - July 2012

I could KaBoom my whole house. :H:H
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sunbeam, I am SO SORRY for your loss. Life is fragile and precious, we should treasure each moment. I'm learning to take my own advice, and just enjoy life instead of worrying about the small stuff. Cleaning and laundry can wait...if my daughter wants to hang out or just talk, that's what we do!! :h
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I just had that talk with my son last night. Life is short. Enjoy but be safe.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am soooooooo bored at work...............
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h

Comment

I just spent a good 40 minutes applying for another job. The Jailer job I wanted may not happen BUT...the good news is that this job is also in the Police Department. It's a Community Services Officer job, which means I'd still get to see the perps, but it's probably a "gentler" job than the Jailer one would have been! No strip searches, but I may get to write up some violations and be kinda bossy.
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

eeewwww...right up your alley!!
                but I was looking forward to the strip searches...you know I live though you
                I am secretly reading my Nook......ok not so secretly.....I am the boss, after all :-)

Comment

Home and feet are up. YAY
                  thinking of you Sunbeam

Comment

Thanks Mama, Dest, K9, and everyone for your support. I'm working on my friend's rememberance for her online book. I also will be dedicating this week's gardening article to her.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

that is sweet Sun....did she have family?
                      Mornin Steppers.....sipping coffee trying to figure out my day
                      Hubs is acting like a drill seargent and I want to throttle him

Comment

Good morning everyone! I just found out that a kid that worked at the local grocery store that I shop at passed away suddenly from a heart attack...he was 22. I am totally shocked....I just saw him a few days ago. He went to the same high school as my daughter..although he was a few year older than her...was going to college on a music scholarship plus working part time at the grocery store. Just a good all around kid....we would compare our tattoos when I was at his check-out! Ha! So life is short folks....I am so glad that I am finally enjoying it without the daily oblivion of AL!

Ok...so today I am going to an AA meeting that is for women. I am thinking tht I may b more comfortable in that one as opposed to a mixed gender one. I am sooooo nervous and I am hoping that I don't end up being the creeper that hangs in the parking lot in my car and doesn't go in...hahahahaha. I am not sure if this is going to be for me...but I figured I would give it a try. Wish me luck!
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Good luck, Dest!

Hi Mama, yes my friend has family. Most are local, but her son and grandkids will be flying in from Arizona. I am grateful at the moment for those online rememberances that funeral homes now offer. I know her daughter pretty well, she called me about the accident. I had just seen the daughter at the farmers' market an hour before she called. Calling hours are tomorrow, the funeral will be Monday.

I guess no one here will be shocked to hear that I drank last night. This is why I am truly a stepper. I really don't want to drink any more, but nothing awful happens if I do. It is not good for my health, it is not the way I want to go through life. Back on the wagon today. I am making progress, I made those 30 days. I am not good at fighting a strong craving, gotta work on that.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Gm Everyone Good to see you all... Do miss the jammers thread. If anyone keeps in touch with some of the ppl that left that thread Tell i said hi. Me still drinking BUT NOTHING like i was cut WAY back. Having a great summer its just going to fast.

Comment

Des- I hope you enjoy the AA meeting. I went to one a few times, but do not go regularly.
                              Sun- sorry about the drinking. I am glad you came and here and told us. Back on the wagon girl. Try not to let this spiral away....
                              Hi Trucker! Welcome.
                              I am home from hours of grocery shopping and want to rest for a it before grilling for the kids.
                              love you all
                              Nora - where are you?

Comment

Hi all. Went to sleep at 7:30 last night and got up at 11:00 am. Guess I was tired. :H
                                I've been at work for a couple hours now. Will be here for a few more.

Sun - been thinking a lot about you & your friend. Such a very tragic thing. :l

Des - I used to attend a Women's meeting that was good. Nice people there. I hope that you enjoy it. Let us know what you think. So sad to think that young man had a heart attack.

Mama - tell Papa Bear that this is your day off!!!!!

Trucker - great to see you!!! Glad you are enjoying your summer.

As for me.....well, I'm still taking the dang pill. And to be quite honest, that is all that is keeping from drinking right now. But, it's been a week AF so I just need to keep racking up those days.

Back to work :wavin:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X