X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What i want...

I wanna be in control of my life
    I want my family to be proud of me...
    i wanna leave something behind that helps others.....no matter how positive i may be...i have an illness which my lovely country tries ts hardest to ignore!....so ignorant and unable to help!!! but i am pushing and pushing....ill get what i need!!
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

What i want...

yes you will Lou...you will have your legacy and it will be grand.
    this country isn't very helpful either sad to say...alcohol is quite glorified in the US as the answer to everything.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

What i want...

Thank you D.....tried to wipe that post...its tough opening your self up completely....thanks again...D you are a star x x
      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

What i want...

hey, you've helped me Lou, so this legacy of your is already begun.
        yes, it's tough...it's even hell sometimes but we just gotta to do the right thing
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

What i want...

D.....your words are so understanding, i know you get where im coming from 100%...thanks x x

Comment

What i want...

Lou, you spoke of your country not helping and that's interesting to me...I've a friend from the UK and he said that when he was working for a firm over there, that he had to join a "gallon club" which meant you'd have to polish off a gallon of ale when they got together...yikes! who the heck is driving? also when I was working a trade show with some Irish friends they introduced me to some Irish whisky and to make a long story short I had to check the obituaries the next morning to see if I was posted there! oh, my. the commercials on telly here in the US are constantly celebrating the supposed joys of consumption...I just don't need that kind of help.
            in the same vein, I recall some friends from Mexico sayin that the "machismo" regarding drinking is very strong there, in fact the guys don't say they are going to get drunk, but rather they say they are going to get "strong". how bizzarre and untrutheful.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

What i want...

Lou, aren't you like 7 or 8 hours ahead? you better get some rest. we'll be here in the morn!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

What i want...

Oh my!!! drinking is so fuelled by bravado....and in certain countries that is fine...its just there way of life....wish things could be so simple for me!!

Comment

What i want...

good point.....I think i do need sleeps...hope i can!!!!

Comment

What i want...

night night an loves x x x x

Comment

What i want...

nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

What i want...

Determinator,

Your post - and of course all the others here from our US cousins - has opened my eyes.

From a UK background, but living in Australia now, I always thought that in general the US was largely alcohol free.

Silly me! Just goes to show that stereotypes still exist.

Gem x
                        Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

What i want...

I tried the "machismo" thing and I didn't like it.
                          I find too many 'men' think that they have to prove themselves worthy of belonging to their peer group by joining in with their idiocy.
                          While I can't say that I'm any better than these people, I can say that I have realised the mistakes that they are making. It is all to do with self esteem and your position in the pecking order. I'll leave them to it. I have more important things to deal with.
                          Keep going Lou.
                          D. Wise words, as always.
                          Gem:l

Comment

What i want...

"real Men" prefer spinache, like Popeye!
                            and yes, Gem the US has taken the bait on the drinking glorification thing and made it something it's not. It's a status symbol to many, to me even which I'm still fighting daily. I used to drink at lunchtime with my boss and his wife, then we'd go back to work! good grief! it's kind of funny now in an odd way. one day we were all in a really bad mood and didn't hardly say a word to one another, but polished off 12 bottles of chardonay between the 3 of us in only about 3 hours.....holy brain damage batman! at least I'm better than I was. Sorry Lou, we kind of ran off for a minute. you doing ok?
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

What i want...

Hey D

Yeah im good....full of cold but ok...managed to get some sleep. Completely understand bout the drinking at lunch time thing...every friday my whole team would hit the pub at lunch time and in the afternoon most of us were incapable of work....bear in mind i work for the government and would have to attempt to handle very important calls....eeekkk guess im lucky they've been so tolerant!!

Comment

Working...
                              X