What i want...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What i want...

I am glad they stopped glorifying alcohol on our stations here in Canada. The only thing you pretty much see now are the 'Drinking and Driving' commercials from our Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD) groups. They are very sad to watch actually. Makes you think twice for sure...

However, with our lovely US programming they do glorify drinking. It is all about 'Beer, Babes, and Bars'.

Don't know why I wrote this... just wanted to I guess.

Comment

What i want...

Acct

Ain't it the same everywhere.....alcohol is an addiction..yet its legal and accepted because our governments are making money via taxes...it makes me so mad...can you imagine the uproar if they tried to legalise heroin??!!
      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

What i want...

They tried to legalize pot here.... it almost happened. Yeah, I agree that alcohol is a problem and it is the government and the people who produce the prescriptions that reap in our suffering.

Comment

What i want...

You sound a bit mad/frustrated today Lou. Are you OK?

Comment

What i want...

Acct

Yes i am having a bad day...think its cause im poorly...have a nasty cold. An im just feeling low....dunno why just me and my moods...unfortunately the closer i get to people the more my moods show!!!
            "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

What i want...

You need to get some good rest. Your insomnia won't help with your cold or your moods.... I know when I don't sleep properly I am a bitchy mess!

Have you tried Melatonin?? It is good, good stuff. Will help you sleep.

Hang in there, OK?

Comment

What i want...

Thanks Acct

I hate being all grumpy.....and its really nice to know that you care...am definitley gonna try the melatonin...sorry for bein a grouch x x x x

Comment

What i want...

No need to apologize Lou. We ALL get grouchy sometimes. Normal, normal, normal! You need a GOOD sleep!!

I just finished watching 28 Days on TV. I absolutely LOVE that movie. I have seen it a few times over the last few years. I can watch it over and over and over again. Makes for a good cry everytime.

I posted in Abs I was thinking about moderating. Well, after watching this movie I have changed my mind. I am going to keep on trucking down the Abs road. For anyone who hasn't seen it I would seriously recommend it! When I was in Detox a few years ago, they played it there. That is how powerful and inspiring this movie is.

Comment

What i want...

Acct

Thank you for being a friend....dont think iv seen that movie...will make it my mission to rent it out x x x

Comment

What i want...

It is a great movie Lou - you will love it!!! It has Sandra Bullock in it. She plays the part awesomely!

Comment

What i want...

Hey Lou,

I'm not really experiencing you as grumpy so much as just telling us all where you're at today. I'd much rather you keep us posted than keep it to yourself. You know, lots of people are moody, and it is really much better when they talk about it. I used to be engaged to a guy who didn't talk, but damn, he could poison the air in the whole house when he was in a bad mood! I don't think you're doing that at all. I like it when you are just yourself, and talk about what you're feeling.

Hugs,
                        Kathy

PS: Sounds like a great movie, AFM. I think I'll rent it out.
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

What i want...

Kathy...

Thanks for that.....its so lovely to know that people care...had an hours sleep and now wide awake again!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X