Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current world event affects/upsets you most and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With you all the way Di - accentuate the positive

We had some great "peace " (Iraq War) marches here - the emphasis was on the peaceful. I saw old people, young people, the hippie activist contingent (heh, used to be one!), rich people, poor people, mums with pushers...all wanting a better solution...

Those people can be proud that even if the politicians didn't listen, they held their heads up high.

Cheers

c

PS I am not against the men and women out there in Iraq - just the foreign policy that placed them in such a position.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Many things bother me. Iraq and Afghanastan trouble me. The general lack of compassion (worldwide) for a fellow man troubles me. While some great efforts occur on this front, the disregard for human life and the human condition is unsettling to me.
      Hawk

Comment

World events that trouble me; The Iraq war. Iran with nuclear weapons. This so called president of ours. Our reputation on the world stage.Katrina victims; tax cuts. Cuts in health care. Darfur.Mistreated animals. I could go on a while. I just want my Grandchildren to live in a land without fear or where fear is not preached 24/7 on the news. Just give me a Democrat with a positive message in '08

Comment

Working...
        X