X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I binged...

On food.

That got your attention, didn't it?

Since I quit drinking I have been doing pretty good staying away from the booze and junk food but today I cracked and I feel really crappy for the amount I ate (bag o chips and chocolate)...

How do we get over these feelings of guilt in overindulging?
    I hope that I don't trade one addiction for another.

Now I figure "I ate all that crap, I might as well just keep on going"...isn't that just typical...ugh.
    Very annoying!

Still fighting this cold.
    Getting a headache.
    Maybe I will blame the junkfood-fueled binge on that...

Hope all you are doing well.
    xo

I binged...

It's ok to binge sometimes. Especially now when you're feeling deprived. I don't believe dieting and quitting AL go hand in hand. One is bound to fail. Better to gain a few pounds than binge drink!

I ate about two slices of cake last night (one huge slice), and had steak with asiago cheese melted on top for dinner tonight. Not exactly diet food, but hey it's a holiday and I'm not drinking.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

I binged...

I was about to come give you an ass whuppin girl!!!
      and good on no drinking both of you!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I binged...

Briseus and LB, you two should not worry at all about what you're eating. You can tackle that issue later. I love the sound of the steak with asiago cheese... yummy.

I feel that making a huge change; actually the biggest change in our lives deserves our undivided attention. Ignore your temptation to self attack when it comes to food or other bad habits. One thing at a time.

When I reach day 30 I might start pulling in the reins as far as self indulgences go but that's only me and my plan.

Great going. Stay strong.
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I binged...

Bri, you are in such a different place than a few days ago, and it's great, you made me laugh.

During my initial AF time, I ate lots of chocolate peanut butter granola, my recipe is posted here. It's delicious, and pretty healthy. It does have calories, but I didn't worry about that.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I binged...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. you "almost" had me.........................ok, you got me DOH

Well played Ma'am......well played
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I binged...

That definitely got my attention Bri! You nutty girl....heehee! It is soooooo great to see you in such a better place!!!!! Keep on keeping on!
              AB Club Member
              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

I binged...

You bum!
                :H
                I'm going to have to come up there with a couple a pounds of peanut M&M's :kaching::

:l
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I binged...

Hahahah, sorry guys!!!

Peanut M&M's sound delicious!!

Seriously though...I know that I shouldn't totally deprive myself so early in sobriety...*day 11* but when I do end up eating I feel so guilty...I have had a history of addiction...I mean, I went through ED in my teen years (still can't look at food in a healthy way) and then went to prescription drugs (in highschool - short lived) and now booze..
                  I don't know. I am going to the gym and eating as healthy as possible. I guess I just can't get bored - that was my downfall yesterday...I got bored and there was chocolate and chips surrounding me.
                  I know that we have to use some willpower when it comes to dieting but I am trying to turn my life around - a new lifestyle...the voice in my head to pick up that chocolate bar is almost as strong (if not stronger) as that voice that tells me to pick up booze...
                  Has left me thinking of drinking can be stopped by just sheer willpower on it's own.

Sorry...rambling here.
                  Just don't want to reach for that chocolate today! Lol.

Comment

I binged...

Thinking of you Bri..
                    Don't lose faith and struggle,one day will come for sure!!!!
                    Dix
                    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

I binged...

Thank you Dixon.

Well, I didn't pick up the chocolate but I stuffed myself at dinner.
                      I did go to the gym today so that is a bonus!

Comment

I binged...

Yeah, you got everyone good, Briseus!! I'm not sure how I feel about indulging with food while trying to be strict with alcohol. I'm always wound up pretty tight and have a hard time letting go of anything. I feel if I start eating all the things I love I'll be 300 lbs in no time. So I'm always watching every darned thing I eat. I've gotten to a weight I want and I'm determined to stay here....but it really does add to the pressure I feel. I may have to make some low-carb treats this weekend!!!
                        Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                        (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

I binged...

Hey Lady, I definitely agree with you there. I am pretty strict as well...when I drank I didn't care (hello? Lost inhibitions...) but now that I quit I am really trying to live a way healthier lifestyle.
                          I am going to read all my new Tosca Reno Eat Clean books and I really hope to lose the 40+lbs I gained while drinking.
                          So far I have lost 15...just gotta keep going.

Comment

I binged...

good job Bri!!!
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I binged...

Thanks Mama!!

Comment

Working...
                              X