I binged...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I binged...

I think in the beginning the most important thing is to focus on sobriety, if that's your goal. Tons of people told me the 1st month to eat anything I wanted. Lots of us drank our nutrition, which is empty, useless calories.

I seem to like chocolate a lot since I stopped drinking, heard that's typical. Last night, I had pound cake, topped with vanilla ice cream, added fresh rasberries, then I took out the hershey syrup. OK I was good, I didn't put any whip cream on top. :H

I think your doing swell Brie!... Your pretty funny too!.... :H

Oh I must be careful with that chocolate tho, I know a lady who was a size 5 -7 who ate over a bag of almond joys every day in her 1st yr & gained almost 50lbs, but 2nd yr lost it all.

Uh, I don't have that type of margin in my waist size savings account. LOL If I ate that much chocolate I could end up very :upset:

Done With Alcohol 5/23/12

Comment

I binged...

I gained so much while I was drinking it was ridiculous. For one thing, I had watched what I ate since I was a teenager--I now believe my mom had a eating disorder of some sort, because she was obsessed with her weight, and mine too!! I never had a weight problem, but at one time I was trying to lose down to a ridiculous size, when I was already only 130 lbs. What I wouldn't give to be that again, lol. Anyway, once I started drinking, with gusto, I decided the hell with that. I was going to eat whatever sounded good to me. And I did. For a long time. 60 lbs later, I regret that choice.:H:H

On the road to better eating now, and hopefully a smaller waist-line!

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

I binged...

Wildflowers ::: waist size savings account! Haha, I love it!
        I have heard the same as well...that early in sobriety we should just focus on not drinking and that's it...the problem with me though is that when I drank, I used that as an excuse to eat like shit and vice versa...it is my skewed and unhealthy view on eating. Which I am still working on. I dealt with eating disorders growing up and severely low self esteem...so it's typical that it went hand in hand...
        When I ate like crap the other day I thought to myself for a brief moment "well...you might as well just go grab some wine and a bucket of fried chicken"...
        Ahhh....nope. Nice try mr. addictive voice. (Or rather, miss).
        But I am doing well, I hope you are too!!

LG ::: Yep, same boat as you. And since my drinking increased and became problematic; so did my waist line. I remember when I gained a few pounds in the beginning and couldn't fit into my sports bra...and I totally ignored it! I was also devestated when I found my first belly stretch marks from the weight gain...and I still did nothing...because I didn't think it was the booze! How stupid was I!?!
        Ugh...I wish I realized this sooner.

A somewhat substantial amount owing to my sobriety so far is my vanity - if that makes sense. As low self-esteem as I do have I want to lose this fat and get fit again...and I can't do that if I have booze in my life.
        I sat there today and thought to myself - 30 days is all that matters and then do whatever afterwards if I do decide to have a drink or two or whatever - but then a new voice piped up and said to me "You just worked your ass off at the gym for 2 weeks - if you start this bullshit again you're back at square one. Fat. Miserable. Depressed. Anxious. Addicted. A slob..."
        I need to keep kicking my ass here. Need to keep motivating myself.

I didn't binge eat today.

Sorry this was so long-winded!!

Comment

Working...
        X