rewarding yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rewarding yourself?

so i really want to "give" myself something special for my upcoming 6 months of sobriety. a small piece of jewelry? a little tattoo?...not sure..hmmm...what are some things you have rewarded yourself with other than massages or my weakness, shoes.
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

rewarding yourself?

Starfairy ~

First absolutely well done on over 5 months AF. Cracking along nicely there.:goodjob:

I'm a great believer in a little reward. I used to buy myself a wee brooch or pin every month around about the 7th Month. Nothing expensive at the most ?5 /$ 8.

Then I started to buy a cocktail ring same price range but this year I have bought some garden decorations. The more outrageous the better.

Today I've bought a gigantic spinning sunflower to go in the corner of my garden along with a variety of windmills, spinning ladybirds and believe it or not a spinning buzzy bee.

Absolutely ridiculous to see but when I look out of my kitchen window it really makes me smile.

Mind you not sure if I'll ever be ready for a tattoo. Go Star, spoil yourself, you deserve it.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

rewarding yourself?

I got a tattoo for a year sober. Along the way I've got piercings, jewellery, purple things...

I firmly believe in rewards...
      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

rewarding yourself?

jackie i am a huge gardener so the i get the yard art. that would make me smile too.
        pingu i have a pretty good amount of tattoos already but was thinking of "be brave" or something to that nature, on my inner wrist.
        sober since 2/4/12

Comment

rewarding yourself?

I got a small purple butterfly added to one i already had. plus another ear piercing...
          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

rewarding yourself?

I have been keeping track of my AF days (44 today...yippee!) and adding up the amount of money I would have spent on wine. All that money is going toward a once in a lifetime vacation next summer that I am sooo looking forward to. For me, this is a huge motivation to stay AF and watch all the rewards pile up!

When You Change The Way You Look At Things, the Things You Look At Change.....

Here's to Change!

Comment

rewarding yourself?

To reward myself I got my self a healthier body,I also got into spending the money I have saved to go on lots of foreign holidays,Its nice to be able to reward oneself, Well done starfairy on your upcoming 6 months and you are more than entitled to reward yourself.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

rewarding yourself?

The last time I quit (4 months AF) I treated myself to shiny new Les Paul guitar. I've spent the past year getting better at playing it, which is an indescribable reward.
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

rewarding yourself?

I can't afford to do expensive things so I usually just take myself out to lunch and have my favorite AF drink.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

rewarding yourself?

i get your drifty...having a looming DWI breaks the bank...i guess i just want an excuse to do or buy something
                    sober since 2/4/12

Comment

rewarding yourself?

i think i am going to reward myself with a gym membership. i have been going to a bootcamp and love it. i really want a new bike but dont have that kind of cash. this will be close enough. i have never joined one so i am pretty excited.
                      sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Working...
                      X