Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread July 8th July 2012

Thought this was interesting. Resonates (my new word) with me :

Addiction is not a weakness. The fact that addiction crosses all socio-economic boundaries confirms that addiction is a disease. People who don't know about addiction will tell you that you just need to be stronger to control your use. But if that was true then only unsuccessful people or unmotivated people would have an addiction, and yet 10% of high-functioning executives have an addiction.

If you think of addiction as a weakness, you'll paint yourself into a corner that you can't get out of. You'll focus on being stronger and trying to control your use, instead of treating addiction like a disease and focusing on stopping your use.

Comment

Very Interesting satz but there is a huge debate out there whether this massive problem we all suffer from is actually a disease, Thats not to say I agree either way I just dont know.

Stll raining here as is normal.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

mario;1347450 wrote: Very Interesting satz but there is a huge debate out there whether this massive problem we all suffer from is actually a disease, Thats not to say I agree either way I just dont know.

Stll raining here as is normal.
        How do Mario. Ah sure you'd have a pain in your left t*t with it.
        Though I'm like Reccy Bear - I don't REALLY mind the rain
        Well I certainly won't let it ruin my day like a certain Mr Satz I could mention.
        Could be worse - could be in a mobile in Wexford with a clatter of kids:H:H

Think a trip to the shops is called for.

Comment

Redaing back some of the threads, Missed some fun so I did :-)

and one2many has left,sad to see her go, I liked auld oney so I did ;

Comment

mallika;1347464 wrote: Ach MrM - I was dead sad when she left - same as when you did - but sure, I s'pose we move on, and I s'pose it's not fair of us to be hangin on to peeps when they want to do so - but anyways, hopefully - like you have today, she may pop in from time to time
            Oh ya missed some fun alright
            I can understand fully why, And yes it is sad but we all have to remember that we are here first and foremost for ourselves,and keeping ourselves in the right mind & body and if for some or any reason coming here is bringing some negativity into our lives you need to to give it a rest.imho

Comment

mollyka;1347460 wrote:

Mmmm - very interesting alright Satz. I always felt the 'disease' opinion was a sort of cop out for me, so I didn't buy into it for years. However - when I was in treatment they unequivocally call it a disease - absolutely no doubt, I did struggle with it - but when I went down there I agreed (in my head) to just believe them no matter what they told me - so I did, and now I do
              Yeah and the weakness thing caught my attention. I NEVER show any form of weakness - EVER. My, our family way of coping has always been that way.
              And let's face it admitting to being an alko would be a big sign of weakness - in my circles ! You'd be the talk of the family for generations. or it would be swept under the carpet.
              Sure my cousin died of it - my sister moved to Glasgow years ago & went through a dodgy phase but drink was NEVER mentioned. She was just 'tired'. Don't think I've ruffled enough feathers to be talked about yet.

My brother the last time I saw him is on the verge, I'd say, of full blown something - losing his job or summit ! Just a feeling !:
              So can you imagine me saying : howyiz I'm an alko !!!:upset:
              No - can't ask for support in these here parts - I have to take control of this myself without them .................. before it's too late !!

Comment

hi Arny peeps
                Mama is off to the lake house for a week of painting and working her butt off....
                so don't worry
                k?
                and no fun is allowed while I am gone
                kisses to Mr Bear....I will miss you terribly (tee hee)
                I will dealing with a readl Mr Bear...trust me
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Mama Mia !! Enjoy (!)
                  We'll take care of the Bear man for you :H

Must away & spend some money I don't have ................... NOTHING in the house to feckin' eat for dinner.Gonna treat us to something noice mmmmmmmmm.
                  Another milestone coming up. Wish me luck !
                  M&S of a Sunday - without buying wine - now that's summit to shout about.

Comment

it's like coming home when Mario AND Ktab are here
                    jc- have fun at the Chili Fest and bravo about the washer thingy
                    Molls - hope Joe is happy in his corner reading
                    Satz - that show sounds interesting
                    ok...more coffee, a little bit of lolly gagging, and then UP and AT IT...(sigh)

Comment

YAY Satz...no wine is a GOOD things
                      my hubs was wondering why I was all worked yesterday about being gone for a week
                      "we are just going to the lake house..."
                      HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is no food, so soap, no toilet paper, no nothing...but let's just go on down and have a rest.....
                      MEN!!!!!

Comment

no AB Molls....none needed at present...
                        my "problem" is openly discussed at home, but NOWHERE else...
                        Satz - i have not forgotten you....I am just a lazy cow (got that phrase from here!!!) that never goes to the post office

Comment

Have a great time mamabear x

Comment

mollyka;1347474 wrote: Absolutely Mario - that was what I was trying to say:l Still nice to see ya from time to time!!
                            Aah sure molly I think I will just stay now that I am back

Comment

mollyka;1347477 wrote: I can understand that too Satz. I could NEVER have 'come out' to my Mum - it would have been the disgrace of the century - never ever could she have thought of me as doing something positive - she may have said the words - but underneath it all.......... in a way my eldest is a little bit like that - he wouldn't admit to it - but I know..... - but like you say - you're maybe not 'there' --- yet ('yet' is a great word in AA) - so grab it by the bollix while you can girl

Have a luverly week Mama - and I hope ya have the AB ingested
                              I have AB injested Molerooney - forgot to tell yer ! Ah takes the pain outta - just have one. Then apart from anything else, BANG 200 calotries.
                              Yep that's my take on this now. It's stupid calories that I DO NOT NEED !
                              Waste of time wasting them on wine & kiling myself at the gym eh ?
                              The rest of my diet is perfect & no-one can understand why I haven't lost weight to date. But I know !!!

Comment

mollyka;1347494 wrote: hahahaha --- did me subliminal messages work so:H:H:H
                                You must have an addictive personality

Comment

Working...
                                X