Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 Night Sweats Help?

Hello,

Anyhow, is there anything that helps with the terrible sleep/night sweats for the first few days of quitting?

I am new and just posted my 1st into post in the newbies area.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ain-66805.html

Day 1 Night Sweats Help?

Hi there & welcome. :welcome:

My Doctor gave me Lorzepam and it seemed to help me. It calmed me down so that I could sleep. I didn't have to use it long but it certainly helped during the first couple of days.

Of course, I am menopausal so sometimes those night sweats hit no matter what.

I wish that I had some answers for you. But, I can tell you that it does get better.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Day 1 Night Sweats Help?

Hi and welcom Unknowndoll. If you have been drinking heavily for a long time, you made need some medical help, if your sure you can cope without look at the tools thread. I found that after a few days abstinence the night sweats eased. Drinking plenty of water and eating sweet thing plus regular small meals will help keep your blood sugar stable. I read your post on newbies, unfortunately most of us think that we can drink after being abstinant for a while, and until we can realise that it is the first drink that takes us back to problem drinking, we forget the problems it creates for us. If you are determined enough to want to stop you can. It took me a long time and many attempts to get sober, and I have only been sober a short time, on this occasion, but it is doable. Read and post on mwo, you can download the book, which is full of helpful advice. Good luck.

Comment

Day 1 Night Sweats Help?

Can you get some over the counter sleeping aids? That helped me in quiting. As for night sweats, I suffered through with very little clothing on and a fan on me. As crap as it is it's the toxins leaving your body! Hang in there. The last thing you want to do is put the toxins back in to your body by drinking. It'll start getting easier.

Comment

Day 1 Night Sweats Help?

:welcome: UKDoll,

That took a bit of googling, but if you have a read through the link there's advice on Epsom salt baths for detoxing/night sweats.

13 Wonderful Ways to Use Epsom Salts | Care2 Healthy Living

If however you feel the withdrawals are getting worse, give your Dr a quick ring.

J x
          :l
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
          X