Army Thread 11th July 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Army have to head out, laters maybe .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

:wavin:Evening all its a lovely sunny evening after some showers this aftertnoon. I did manage to get a lot of work done on the garden just before it rained. I'm really tired now and just fit for chillin on the couch with tv after i make dinner. I booked a salsa work shop for saturday 21st July which i'm looking forward to as i haven't done any dance classes in a long time. Its over 3 hrs and differant styles techniques etc i need to start getting out and doing some fun things. I'm also going to go to weekly salsa starting next tuesday. Good exercise too. Well done getting back in to squash reccie it will get you out too and you will enjoy it. Got a lot of washing done today also and have the first lot out on the line.:rays:

Comment

stirly-girly;1348779 wrote: Reccie - did you get out for a walk at all today? I just got back from a short walk a few minutes ago. Too :toohot: for a long walk. I went to the beach earlier, too but didn't stay that long. Just a short dip in the water. It was lovely but I was late going so didn't have as much time as I wanted to.

Edit - I just saw the part about you taking up squash again. :goodjob: :goodjob:. Fabulous - I'll be waiting to hear how it goes!!

Hiya stirly!

Sorry, I disappeared for a little while there in order to make something to eat. No, I haven't been out for a walk yet, but I will, once its dark and cooler. Can't wait to get out of the house actually.

I'll report on the squash in due course. I'll probably hire a court and play by myself a couple of times to get back into the swing of things and then have a lesson or two before getting competitive. I'm quite looking forward to the exercise.

Glad you had a nice time at the beach. I'm really envious of the army guys who have beaches on their doorsteps....there seems to be a lot of them.

stirly-girly;1348779 wrote:
        As for that so-called counselor, I am amazed that he told you that. Go away and sort your head out? WTF, that's what counselors are supposed to help us do. And IMHO a counselor should be a bit less biased and not stand behind only one method of getting and staying sober.
        Yep, I agree with you about that counsellor, stirly. He sounds as though he has a bit of an attitude problem TBH. My understanding of a counsellor's role is that they shouldn't, for the most part, be telling you what to do, but instead they should be helping you to make the right decisions about what is best for you and then support you in what you decide to do.

Comment

Firefox;1348791 wrote: :wavin:Evening all its a lovely sunny evening after some showers this aftertnoon. I did manage to get a lot of work done on the garden just before it rained. I'm really tired now and just fit for chillin on the couch with tv after i make dinner. I booked a salsa work shop for saturday 21st July which i'm looking forward to as i haven't done any dance classes in a long time. Its over 3 hrs and differant styles techniques etc i need to start getting out and doing some fun things. I'm also going to go to weekly salsa starting next tuesday. Good exercise too. Well done getting back in to squash reccie it will get you out too and you will enjoy it. Got a lot of washing done today also and have the first lot out on the line.:rays:
          Hi foxy

well done on getting lots done in the garden. :goodjob: The salsa sounds like a really good idea, foxy. An easy way to get some exercise, I imagine. 3 hours for that workshop is a bit long, but go for it!

Comment

:hallo: again

Grilled lamb chops, jacket potatoes, butternut squash & a little salad. Now that I've eaten, I'm ready to get into bed.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Reggie;1348671 wrote: Hi army ..Satz hope your son is ok and understand ya worry ..big huggs to my lovely freind Jackie:h love ya dear and Starty:l and pingu and Zenny:h hope you all are well and sticking together like glue and oh forgot the lovely Pinky :l Take care guys and bigg huggs to Molly and Strils:l:l

a song for JC sober anni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Y_yTJKxsw[/video]]The Jam , English Rose - YouTube
              Aww good to see you Reggie. I'll be about your time tomorrow if ya need a natter,hun.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mario;1348784 wrote: My next wedding :H is delayed due to family problems,But other wise Mrs mario is great and we are very happy with each other,My daughter is getting married next september so I can relate to how you feel, kinda of It's good to see you and Mrs. Mario happy. I know you went through a lot with your drinking and so did she. You've got a fine woman there. I know how she stood by you every step of the way in your attempt to get sober and that she has been a rock for you ever since. Best of luck to your daughter on her wedding. It's a first time for us so we're extra excited.
                mario;1348787 wrote: Ok Army have to head out, laters maybe .
                See you tomorrow, Mario...
                Firefox;1348791 wrote:
                Evening all its a lovely sunny evening after some showers this aftertnoon. I did manage to get a lot of work done on the garden just before it rained. I'm really tired now and just fit for chillin on the couch with tv after i make dinner. I booked a salsa work shop for saturday 21st July which i'm looking forward to as i haven't done any dance classes in a long time. Its over 3 hrs and differant styles techniques etc i need to start getting out and doing some fun things. I'm also going to go to weekly salsa starting next tuesday. Good exercise too. Well done getting back in to squash reccie it will get you out too and you will enjoy it. Got a lot of washing done today also and have the first lot out on the line.:rays:

Wow, that Salsa workshop sounds very interesting Foxy. It will be good exercise. I have to start learning some traditional Greek dances for the afore-mentioned wedding. This is a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Px8LHgRtfU&feature=related[/video]]KALAMATIANOS - YouTube

Dawg, I wonder if I'll ever manage it. I do know one Greek dance that's quite easy and I'll have no trouble doing it although the rhythm is faster than what I'm used to. And I know another one but it's a bit more complicated and I haven't danced it for probably 25 years. This is it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzR9aoNo7Bs[/video]]?????*??? - YouTube

I think I'll give that one a miss.

The one in the first link, I can maybe learn well enough to not make a fool of myself and embarrass my son and new DIL.

:wavin: JackieClaire, Tipster and Panda-man!!

Jackie - hope you're feeling better.

Tips, don't get me started on food again. Fresh sea bass for us today and the usual trimmings. Dawg, I'm still stuffed, 6 hours later.
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good evenings and yooooooooooo hoooooooooooooos and general wavings

A bit better today, not as fast as I'd like.

My well known Russian friend Kchestykov is bloody savage.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1348803 wrote: Good evenings and yooooooooooo hoooooooooooooos and general wavings

A bit better today, not as fast as I'd like.

My well known Russian friend Kchestykov is bloody savage.
                    :H:H:HYer a fecking mad mare!!

Comment

stirly-girly;1348804 wrote: :H:H:HYer a fecking mad mare!!
                      Well I've got Kchestykov and the sainted Mr JC got Arthur Ritus
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Managed to watch a whole TV prog today and this looks startling delish. Might try it at the weekend.

crispy salmon, jazzed-up rice, baby courgette salad, gorgeous guacamole ? Delishuss Blog

Getting back to eating fish after your fishy dishy Stirls
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1348805 wrote: Well I've got Kchestykov and the sainted Mr JC got Arthur Ritus:H:H Just laughing myself silly here. Thanks for that - I needed a good laugh today.
                          JackieClaire;1348806 wrote:
                          Managed to watch a whole TV prog today and this looks startling delish. Might try it at the weekend.

crispy salmon, jazzed-up rice, baby courgette salad, gorgeous guacamole ? Delishuss Blog

Getting back to eating fish after your fishy dishy Stirls
                          Yes, that fish dish is very yummy. I made it last week as well and Mr. Stirly gobbled it up as he always does. I checked out that link and I have to say the measurements made me smile. A mug of rice, a couple of lugs of olive oil. Speed peel. Nevertheless, it's sounds really tasty. Mr. Stirly doesn't do salmon so I'll find a fillet of cod for him and get salmon (yum, yum) for me.

I'm off to walk the dogger and then to bed. A couple of posters have got up my nose today and something else, completely unrelated has me upset. Not wanting to bore youz all any more with things like the dancing videos that no one commented on and the other things, I'll take to the streets with Freddo for about 10 minutes, then plead with the Sleep Fairy.

Wishing all of you...

Tomorrowz....

Comment

Nighty night Stirls..............whizzing back to see what vids I've missed.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Night stirly....sorry you're upset. I hope it wasn't any of us who got up your nose.

Comment

Ach she would have told us off.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X