Doctor's Appointment Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sitting in the waiting room at the doctors office. The anxiety has kicked in and I am nervous that I have some sort of liver disease or something.
    I also don't want to be rushed as I have several questions for my doctor. I will request bloodwork (LFT) but whatever pain I had in the right side has dissipated with my sobriety.

I just don't want to have anything seriously wrong with me.
    I guess it didn't help that I was watching a reality show before my appointment where a woman was diagnosed with cancer. :/

What I also don't want even more is to be a-ok and then think of it as a free for all to get shitfaced this weekend.
    Don't worry. I'm still going to do 30 days regardless.
    Day 18 tomorrow. The longest time I've been sober in four years.

I'll keep you all posted as to how it went.

Great Job Bri!!!! 18 days is wonderful. Let us know how the Dr appointment went. :l
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bri,
      Now you r in right track.Please stick on it,you will get your goal.
      For the first time when I checked up my blood I wasterrified of HIV AIDS...
      And there was nothing...depression makes us thinking/doubting unnecessary things.
      Your boozing tenure is quite short so I guess nothingwrong with you if something has I bet you that is fully recoverable..
      God bless you for your peace of mind!
      Lets be here with good news and remember never go with a drop of Al either the result is good or a little bad.This would be the perfect cure for your body and soul.
      Dix
      A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

doctor visit

Hi Briseus,
        Negative blood tests for sure do not offer a free ride. It will help show if you have a problem but not if you don't. I guess a lot of problems do not show up in blood work and typically manifest when it's late. If it's normal you should ask about damage to the liver in women vs. men to help reinforce your commitment. If the blood work is normal then you might be having GI distress which is linked to alcohol but also other things, or it might be psychosomatic. You should get a full evaluation, including CT scan of the pancreas, if you are really worried.
        Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Nora!!

Mollyka - thank you - yes my brain definitely goes into overdrive at times...I have to admit that I am a bit of a hypochondriac.

Thanks so much Dixon - you always say the right things.

With that - the doctor visit went well...he said that he was going to do some blood work (that I have to come back for in about 2 weeks) to check out my liver.
          He said that he wasn't concerned at all...he said that I have not drank long enough to have any problems and the last blood test showed some elevated enzymes but nothing to worry about whatsoever...obviously if I continue drinking for a long time then I will have issues...but he expressed that I didn't drink long enough or often enough to have any issues. Especially since I don't have any symptoms whatsoever with anything.
          The discomfort that I had in the past is very much linked to my IBS.

I am not too concerned Nancy - since stopping drinking and after this appointment it has put my mind at ease. But thank you!
          Finally got some peace of mind.

So for all of you that are a bit concerned with your health - make sure to check in with a doc. They know best!

Comment

Bri, I am glad all is well.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

;-)

Bri-
              Great news and so happy for you! Congrats on 18 days AF! Tomorrow is 6 for me...

Comment

Congrats Stressd on 6 days! You can do it!!
                And thanks everyone.

I am still not totally out of the dark just yet...still wanna hear about what the blood work tells me...but I will keep you all posted.

Comment

Bri,
                  Yea for you ! Wanted to add that the right side pain leaving you is now motivation to keep going!
                  I have always had a slightly enlarged thyroid and I swear since I am AF, 26 days, it is going down down down. Can't even see it anymore! Not that it was very noticeable anyway.

So you watch your Side and I'll watch my Neck! :H

:goodjob:
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hi Bri ,
                    Anyway you should be out of danger .
                    Let us wait for a good report .
                    Wish you for your continuation of AF days .
                    Dix
                    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Working...
                    X