Army thread friday 13th 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quite like the phrase 'fuckup' but I can't get away with slipped.

A slip to me sounds like I've fallen over me own shoe laces into a glass of wine or whatever that a person or persons unknown has left lying around.

Recluse;1349440 wrote: Fear of not being able to get to sleep, I guess, satz.
    Trouble is the sleep after drinking is not really sleep. It's just shutting down.

Now my Granny swears by a tsp of brandy in her hot chocolate last thing at night. But that's it a teaspoon. It could actually just be the routine of doing every night that is comforting to her.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

howdy guys, mrs pinkys birthday today she has been spoiled with presents then getting her hair done then off out for a meal, i passed my biological and social psychology module with 72 % and 65 % so overall i passed with 69% which is a very high 2.1. I was one mark off a 1'st, never mind I think the marker of the exam was very kind to me as I winged it quite a lot, so not bad at all really.
      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Ahhh Pinky, that's fantastic. :goodjob:
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

littlepinkcat;1349446 wrote: howdy guys, mrs pinkys birthday today she has been spoiled with presents then getting her hair done then off out for a meal, i passed my biological and social psychology module with 72 % and 65 % so overall i passed with 69% which is a very high 2.1. I was one mark off a 1'st, never mind I think the marker of the exam was very kind to me as I winged it quite a lot, so not bad at all really.
          Congratulations pinky, well done! :goodjob:

And happy birthday to Mrs pinky.

Comment

Found an interesting page on the BBC website:

BBC News - Where are you on the global fat scale?

I filled in my details and it said:

"You have less body fat than 97% of males aged 45-59 in your country"

and

"You're most like someone from Rwanda"

Gawd

Comment

Fat Index
              25bmi
              BMI is an estimate of the body?s fat content based on a person?s height and weight
              National
              Below average
              You have less body fat than 73% of females aged 45-59 in your country
              Global
              Above average
              You have less body fat than 51% of females aged 45-59 in the world

Ooh goodie time for lunch then

Bacinabit.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Late check in for Mrs A.
                Feeling a bit down but I am sure this will pass.

Happy birthday Mrs Pinky You sound like a fab woman.

Sorry your skint Molly and JC--Think how much poorer you would be with the booze:goodjob:
                Just need to ditch the fags and you would be wealthy laydees.

Reccie sorry you are still struggling but so glad you are still here and ready for a kick up the bum.
                on phone back later

Comment

I mean I have a phone call!!

Comment

Hi all, just a quick drop by :-)

Sorry your not feeling to good Anon,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww, Mollers :upset:

:goodjob: Pinky and happy B-day to the Mrs.

Hiya the rest of youse... :hallo:

Almost home time for me - I'm making it POETS day.
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

mollyka;1349473 wrote: ...oh and I'm most like someone from Papua New Guinea --- now, in fairness, I wouldn't a picked that one
                        :H:H:H

anon;1349478 wrote: Late check in for Mrs A.
                        Feeling a bit down but I am sure this will pass.
                        Sorry to hear that, whizzy..any particular reason?

mario;1349482 wrote:
                        Hi all, just a quick drop by :-)
                        Hiya mario

mollyka;1349499 wrote:
                        What's up MrsA? Family again huh?
                        Well must do my friggintesco rant. TWICE not once --- TWICE - I asked someone for something - in two different depts and they both got up a ladder and started tidying something - totally ignoring me - then ---- conversation between woman and child 'I didn't wipe my bum properly Maaaaa' - 'ok give me a look -- oh no you didn't' ---- THEN she proceeds to handle food --- OMG I was retching - genuinely - didn't buy anything that wasn't in a tin practically
                        Eeeew!!! :eeew:

Comment

littlepinkcat;1349446 wrote: howdy guys, mrs pinkys birthday today she has been spoiled with presents then getting her hair done then off out for a meal, i passed my biological and social psychology module with 72 % and 65 % so overall i passed with 69% which is a very high 2.1. I was one mark off a 1'st, never mind I think the marker of the exam was very kind to me as I winged it quite a lot, so not bad at all really.
                          WELL DONE PINKYPOO: The brains of the outfit

Comment

Recluse;1349440 wrote: Fear of not being able to get to sleep, I guess, satz.
                            You know Reccie - I've been thinking about this recently ( I think Mollers mentioned it briefly the other day ) that is one of the main reasons I believe I ended up driniknig every evening. Had huge sleep issues - NOTHING WORSE.

But I dicovered Uber Mag ( magnesium supplement) recently & have no fear now of not sleeping.
                            This stuff has changed my life - which is why I am finding this AF malarkey easy this past 2 weeks. I am sleeping like a baby with it.

I can get some & send to you if you want to try.
                            It's magnesium & used by weight lifters as the repair of muscles happens when they sleep - so they are big into it and forgot to tell everyone else
                            Check out the Wind Down too - it's 'brill ! Chocolate flavour sweety thingys. I woke at 4 this am wide awake but only 6 hours sleep done - I chewed one & off I went for 2 more hours. BRILL !!
                            Check out the website : our guru :
                            Search Results

Comment

Recluse;1349453 wrote: Found an interesting page on the BBC website:

BBC News - Where are you on the global fat scale?

I filled in my details and it said:

"You have less body fat than 97% of males aged 45-59 in your country"

and

"You're most like someone from Rwanda"

Gawd
                              Told yiz I was FAT ::upset:
                              BMI = 28
                              You have a higher BMI than 69% of females aged 45-59 in your country
                              You have a higher BMI than 68% of females aged 45-59 in the world
                              If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 50,547,463 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population :upset:
                              Damo told me BMI is shite ............. I choose at this point to believe him !!
                              ALL MUSCLE I SAY !!!!

Comment

Nope - I am akin to an Umpa Lumpa :H

Comment

Working...
                                X