Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HANGING ON

Hello friends-

I am hanging on, with depression lessening a bit each day. Yesterday was not good. It occurred to me that my entire life (except for my daughter) has been one big screw-up.

I've only loved 2 men-one I married who left me after 22 yrs, now the one I still do love left me after 2 years. My new cat doesn't even like me. AFTER as some of you may recall the previous cat tried to kill me.

What a freaking life I have

HANGING ON

You have made the choice to make your life better without alcohol. I am so proud of your progree. That's a step in the right direction isn't it??
    You and your daughter have a new life to start......
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

HANGING ON

HEY MAMA

Thanks for the response. My daughter will behome in about a month. I cannot wait to see her!

Comment

HANGING ON

Give your new cat time to adjust. It can take a few weeks for a new cat to adjust to its new surroundings.

And keep up the good work Ann! You can beat this and you got a MWO family that is rooting for you. Your daughter loves the sober you!
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

HANGING ON

THANKS

Thanks guys. I can always count on this place! I feel a little better

Comment

HANGING ON

I didn't realize your daughter wasn't home. Hope you aren't too lonely. I am even prouder of you now...
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

HANGING ON

Ann did you get all your birthday greetings from here? We all remembered and well wished you on your special day...of course a lady never reveals her age!

Please try not to feel alone sweet Ann. Today I had to look at my husband and say , " Yes, I understand that I have done ga great deal of damage to this 15 year marriage. But its not going to move us forward if I have to keep repeating this...uch:uch::"

Oddly enough, I think I made things better. We'll see.

So your life is a pretty big territory and I sincerely doubt you have managed to screw up the entire ground. :h probably took some pretty cool maneuvers to bring your daughter up.
              Same with my marriage. I have screwed up huge swaths of land there but I am not one dimensional here. And neither are you. None of us are, honey. I know this sucks. It's so fricken hard but you have all of us...and now you have all these yummy drink recipes from Mario
              Please stay close and oh yes, buy a dog...

:l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

HANGING ON

Hang in there Ann.
                We all know what you are going through.

How many days sober are you now?

Comment

HANGING ON

Keep hanging Ann.......didnt know anything about depression, untill I got married to my wife.....I know how hard it can be.

Im thinkin about ya, and pullin for ya girly girl
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

HANGING ON

I'm really happy to see you posting here Ann. I was worried about you. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Depression has been a constant in my life too, so I feel I can relate. :l

Comment

HANGING ON

Thanks again

Nelz and fly and everyone-thanks. I am getting better. Saw a helpful post on fb this morning-LIFE has no remote control-get up and change it. Good advice.

I still have some determination left. I am still strong and I know I have been through nuch worse than this. I will be OK.

I've decided that this weekend I am getting an easel and canvas and paints and try a new medium for art. My dining room is not used so by golly it can be my "studio".
                      Big window-perfect spot for painting. I know nothing about painting with acrylics but I'm sure going to find out!

Love to all of you and thank you

Comment

HANGING ON

Wishing you the best Anne 221, Keep posting :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

HANGING ON

Ann,
                          You have already done so far better so it a nothing for you.Always think the best you have done in the past.
                          For me ,I wanna die AF...wish you all the best!
                          Dix
                          A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

HANGING ON

ahhh Ann i hate that you are having a hard time. you were such a rock for me after my DWI. i wish to do the same for you now. Is there anything positive going on right now that you can focus on? or any way to create something of that nature till your daughter gets home and then you can smother her with love and attention? i want you to be happy and strong...pull through this and let a little sun shine on you!
                            I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
                            sober since 2/4/12

Comment

HANGING ON

THANKS STAR!

I am so amazed by your progress! I know the DUI was devstating for you and you have really done so well.

THanks for your reply. I am doing better every day! Better living through chemicals LOL
                              I doubt I'll ever run out of Prozac again.

PLanning on having a good weekend, and SO looking forward to seeing my daughter.

Things are coming along nicely. Where are you in NC? I'm in Cary

Comment

Working...
                              X