Smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking

Sadly, I still smoke. My bf goes through these fits where he starts raging about smoking, and blaming me because he says we smoke too much. I gave up AL, and he was calling me an alcoholic before that. I told him today, the next thing you'll do if I give up smoking is calling me a fat ass. He can be very loving and supportive, but it doesn't help a bit to quit a bad habit, if you're badgered about it. Not to mention, he smokes too. I bet he won't be giving up the pot. Ever.:upset:

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Smoking

Ah, shite. My hubs knows better NOW ta never call me names, in a serious tone, or circumstance. The weird thing is, we are such damn good friends, we can tease the hell out of ea other & just laugh. But, it took a lot of years for it ta get this way. Surprised we didn't kill ea other in the process.

He's as straight as an error. I was the bad party girl & he should be a cop. He listens ta his I -phone, police radars all over the feckin country. Opposites attract. I think yrs ago he just married me for ya know what. Horrible thing ta build the foundation of your marriage on! I don't advise it ta anyone.

He does think pot is less harmful than alcohol. He hates my ciggies. Our oldest smokes weed, but works full time & is going start workin on her MA. She has some medical issues to. Younger one does to, but very occas. I mean crap there in their twenties. Me haven't since my AF quit, but only did 3-6 times a yr., just a tiny amount. I also think as long as your not badly addicted, it's not as harmful, but these are my opinions. There is some good medical uses for it, I think.

Use reverse phsy on the BF. Try & get him ta face himself. Read what Coach Crew wrote ta Brie, good advice, I think.

Have ta learn the different love style communications. Be open in your speaking, tell him it hurts, without yelling. Help him ta walk in your shoes. He probably was called names by his folks, or was in school. This is how he may have learned ta show his frustrations, doesn't mean he really means it, inside his heart, but it breaks yours.

Enuf of me playing counselor & pyhs 101. hahaha. Have ta go read & respond ta another post I am behind on, hun. xoxo

Comment

Smoking

Hi LG and WF!

I hate smoking, but I do it! I have 2 in the morning before work, 2 at lunch time at home, and about 4 spread throughout the evenings. I know I'm not really "addicted" because I can go days (if I have to, like around my family) without them with no problem. It's my last little "reward" I guess. It's so automatic for me to get home and then rush out to the backyard. Breaking this habit is going to be damn hard. When I quit for 30 days I was using the e-cigarette so I was still pretending to smoke by going outside. I need to figure out something new to do at lunch time and right after work....
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Smoking

I think the key is like LillyE said on the other thread, that we have to change our thinking that it's poison, rubbish. All kinds of negative & unhealthy attributes that bring nothing but unhappiness to us, not rewards or deprivation. It's going to take time, desire, strong motivation..... A plan....

We can....... Like the little train, or was it the caboose? I think I can..... I can....

I waited an extra 1/2 hr with my coffee this am, b4 I had my first one. So that's a positive start.

Comment

Smoking

Hi Guys/Gals,

Check out quitnet.com if you haven't already. It's a website similar to MWO with a very active forum. I quit back in 2007, and thus far have not smoked 39,000 cancer sticks in that time and saved myself $15,000. The site keeps those stats for you which is kind of cool. Wow...$15,000...imagine that! Combine that with all the money I've saved from not drinking, and I just might be able to retire sooner than I thought.

Here's the link in case you're interested.

Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community

Sheri
          AF since 3/16/09
          NF since 3/20/07

Comment

Smoking

Wow!.... Pretty amazing! If the health benefits aren't enough to motivate, then surely the money is!... Uh, or both!... I am tryin hard to do this. Today waited 40 min, in am ta light up.

Congrats to you Sheri! Thank you for posting this link! Must make time to get over there soon!

Hope you are having a good wknd!

Sober Visitor;1352618 wrote: Hi Guys/Gals,

Check out quitnet.com if you haven't already. It's a website similar to MWO with a very active forum. I quit back in 2007, and thus far have not smoked 39,000 cancer sticks in that time and saved myself $15,000. The site keeps those stats for you which is kind of cool. Wow...$15,000...imagine that! Combine that with all the money I've saved from not drinking, and I just might be able to retire sooner than I thought.

Here's the link in case you're interested.

Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community

Sheri

Comment

Working...
            X