Ordinary People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordinary People

:sup:I'm starting this thread for anyone who wants to feel a part of a group. This thread is open for Newbies, Oldies, AFer's and Moderators. It would be polite not to discuss moderating, as this thread is open for everyone, and we have specific places to discuss that. However, anything else goes!!!! In fact, we want to hear it! Tell us all the guts and the glories...Let it all hang out.:wazup: If you'd just like to say hello and confess that your life is one big boring pile of poop, that's ok too!:H:H

(everything above is in jest...unless, you agree, then it's seriouszwink

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Ordinary People

I'll start off. I've had a pretty nice Saturday. Went to a yard sale in my neighborhood and met some neighbors I didn't know I had. We bought an entire golf bag full of clubs for 10.00. Bf can use them to practice, since he's no pro yet, lol. After that we went to the flea market and picked up some neat things...Get this: I bought a 32 year old six pack of beer!!! Hahahaha! Not to drink, for heaven's sake. It's J.R. Ewing Beer, and it's dated 1980. Gonna list them in our ebay store, as a collectible.

We've been playing Tiger Woods 13 on PS3 all afternoon. I have lost two rounds so far, but I'm learning. Made a big pot of coffee and enjoying that right now.

How's You?

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ordinary People

Hi LG - I like the word ordinary - fits me OH so well. I spent the afternoon painting yard art figurines like frogs, dogs, etc...made me feel like I was fixing the yard up + keeping busy is important to keeping me sober.

Comment

Ordinary People

Cool TR. Are they ceramic? Where will you put them in your yard? My Confederate Rose bush is blooming early this year. It's got huge pink blooms that look like they are made from paper-mache. So easy to grow too. I picked a bloom and put it on the ledge above my kitchen sink (in a re-conditioned shot glass).:lilflower:

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ordinary People

I had a nice AF day. Went to the animal shelter and volunteered for the day. It felt odd being a volunteer and not an interner but I love what I do.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Ordinary People

As a starter, I want to be a part of a different world that will understand a me more so I joined my daughters party for a bit and starting to know what kind of people that my daughter is hanging up with. Do you think it is a good idea?

Comment

Ordinary People

I guess I can jump in and say HI!!
              pretty ordinary here.....sipping coffee and getting ready for work
              and Miranda....yes it's important that you know who your daughter hangs out with
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Ordinary People

Good morning. I thought this thread had died a premature death, lol. I didn't see it yesterday and thought, oh well. Glad to see that some of you are posting.

I think it's good to see who your daughter is friends with too, Miranda. How are you going about it?

Nice, Allison. We got one of our dogs (a black lab) from the animal shelter. I have said that if I ever get another dog, it will also be a rescue dog.

I'm having my coffee too, MB, and getting ready for the day. Usually I sleep in till the last minute, but got up a little bit earlier this morning. Time flies though, doesn't it? I wish I could just stay home. Nother day, nother dollar.

LG

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ordinary People

nother dime, nother day!!
                  my kitty was a stray...
                  Times does fly...especially when it's the weekend!

Comment

Ordinary People

Wet and rainy here. Nothing on my calendar for today so the whole day is free to do what I want - Loving it! Will probably tie up a few loose ends and play a bit of guitar to warm up for my first ever flamenco lesson tomorrow. Good day everyone!
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Ordinary People

MB, time seems to fly anytime you're treasuring it. Now that I am at work, I'm sure it will slow to a crawl.

allswell, flamenco lesson?! That sounds really neat. Dancing or guitar?

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ordinary People

Hi LG,

It's guitar. I've always wanted to do it and now I'm doing it!

No fun when time is at a crawl at work, hope it picks up quick.
                        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Ordinary People

I'm very ordinary (aka BORING) so I will jump on in. lol

I have several things to report. Saturday I took my beloved Mutt to the vet, she is 12+ years old and has had a skin condition that I am forever trying to cure. Well, here's how that went: Xrays, blood tests, urine test, skin test, 2 ears "packed" and 2 presciptions later (one from the REAL pharmacy, it's for people)...oh and yes $489 later...I think she is on the mend. I haven't got the results from her tests yet, but I don't know if I want them. LOL

Then...I was out Monday and Tuesday due to a migraine. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the vet visit?

So, it's Wednesday and not too much to report yet. Oh yes, I started crocheting again. I learned how to do it in jail (long story).

What's new with everyone?
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Ordinary People

in jail??? too funny....sort of...
                            all I do now is read...talk about boring
                            "Games of Thrones" baby!!

Comment

Ordinary People

that poor puppy better poop gold after all that