Ordinary People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordinary People

Yes...jail. Ok, well "technically" work furlough which is "jail at night". They let you out to work but then you have to get locked up at night. I was there for 30 days. At night we all sat around drinking coffee and crocheting (all us bad asses, you know).

So part of me feels like an old lady for crocheting, but part of me feels hard core 'cuz I learned to do it in jail. hehehehehe
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Ordinary People

LOL, I guess that was CA jail system teaching a viable profession.:H:H Who knows, you may be the next Vera Wang!!:H

Hope your puppy is ok. By god, he oughta be! I have been buying my dogs meds without taking them in for quite some time now. I hope they don't have anything I don't know about. Vets are as expensive as "real" doctors. Just wondering, have you considered vet insurance? I don't have it, obviously, but it might be something to check out.

Hi MB! I never read "Game of Thrones" but my brother loved it. I've been watching the HBO series though.

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ordinary People

So the test results came back for my little fattie dog, nothing jumped out at them. I spent $300 on tests with no results. Ah well, if something did happen to her, I'd have always wondered if I could have done more. Now I know that I did. And she is improving daily, she's back to her feisty/diva self. I guess the old girl has another few good years left in her!

LG - Work Furlough was something else...it seems like a lifetime ago! I'll never forget my parents visiting me on Saturdays. They'd bring El Pollo Loco for lunch. Talk about feeling like a LOSER. Visiting time, a hug and a kiss goodbye, then back to get frisked and off to my bunk. The lady on the bottom bunk was a HOOT though, she helped me get through it with some laughs, and of course, some crocheting skills! HA Someday I hope to progress past scarves and blankets...all I can do is go back and forth, back and forth. I bought a "Teach Yourself to Crochet" kit the other day, but the directions confuse me!

Comment

Ordinary People

Can someone direct me to the EXTRAordinary thread please?

Flamenco? Now that's extraordinary......

Hey, nice news on your pup Niner.

Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ordinary People

Yo G-Bloke,

None of us humble ordinary folk know the directions to the EXTRAordinary thread. It is beyond our comprehension. You're going to be awful lonely in that thread, as nobody else will be worthy of joining.

Please stick around here and make us feel special.

:h
            Niner

Comment

Ordinary People

K9Lover;1355230 wrote: Yo G-Bloke,

None of us humble ordinary folk know the directions to the EXTRAordinary thread. It is beyond our comprehension. You're going to be awful lonely in that thread, as nobody else will be worthy of joining.

Please stick around here and make us feel special.

:h
              Niner
              :H:H Ok.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Ordinary People

Can someone direct me to the EXTRAordinary thread please?
                Hey, Guitarista, I'm with you! Let's live a life that's extraordinary, while still being the "ordinary" person next door! Anyone that's been through Landmark Education (and many that haven't) know exactly what I'm talking about. Creating a life that we want for ourselves and living into that dream.

My wife and I made a commitment to live an extraordinary life years ago, and I let alcohol get in the way. I'm on day 19 today, and have to say that the last six, since the birth of my twins, have been absolutely extraordinary!

I've come to the realization that, despite what society believes about alcohol enhancing events, it really doesn't. Does anyone really feel better looking back at an event knowing they were drunk? I can't think of any, and this includes going to Super Bowls, concerts, and a whole bevy of things that I run through on my list of "big events" in my life.

I can tell you that the whole experience I had with my wife and the birth of our twins would have been less than ordinary had I been drinking. Instead, I will always remember being sober and present, and really coming through in the clutch.

We all have the ability to live extraordinary lives, we just have to choose to do so.

ointup:ointup:ointup:
                Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

Ordinary People

DfromCT;1355238 wrote: I'm on day 19 today, and have to say that the last six, since the birth of my twins, have been absolutely extraordinary!

I've come to the realization that, despite what society believes about alcohol enhancing events, it really doesn't.
                  We all have the ability to live extraordinary lives, we just have to choose to do so.

ointup:ointup:ointup:
                  Right on brother.

Congratulations on 19 days of freedom and best wishes to the family.

Comment

Ordinary People

K9Lover;1355215 wrote: So the test results came back for my little fattie dog, nothing jumped out at them. I spent $300 on tests with no results. Ah well, if something did happen to her, I'd have always wondered if I could have done more. Now I know that I did. And she is improving daily, she's back to her feisty/diva self. I guess the old girl has another few good years left in her!

LG - Work Furlough was something else...it seems like a lifetime ago! I'll never forget my parents visiting me on Saturdays. They'd bring El Pollo Loco for lunch. Talk about feeling like a LOSER. Visiting time, a hug and a kiss goodbye, then back to get frisked and off to my bunk. The lady on the bottom bunk was a HOOT though, she helped me get through it with some laughs, and of course, some crocheting skills! HA Someday I hope to progress past scarves and blankets...all I can do is go back and forth, back and forth. I bought a "Teach Yourself to Crochet" kit the other day, but the directions confuse me!

You ate The Crazy Chicken!!:H:H We don't have El Pollo Loco's here, lol. I'm sure I don't mind. Really funny description of your time inside
                    (ha ha!). What I'm wondering is, did you get any jail tats?

The only thing I learned in jail was to sleep with one eye open. Those biotches were not friendly, and the roaches were pretty bold too!:H

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ordinary People

Welcome to the dull people's club, Guitar bloke. Peace bro!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ordinary People

dull is good...and healthy!!!!
                        I used to do needlepoint K9 before I went blind due top advanced old age
                        Yo G bloke and LG!!!
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Ordinary People

and DT from CT!!!

Comment

Ordinary People

Boring is the new Exciting.

Case in point: I got some new feathery yarn today and I can't wait to make a scarf out of it. Come on, where else can you get that kind of excitement? Most folks just don't know what they're missing out on!

Comment

Ordinary People

I am still waiting on that bra you promised me...

Comment

Ordinary People

Do you want feathers or sequins Mama?

Maybe after I get some more practice in I can make one out of "pom pom" yarn, that would be cute! Especially under a tight T-shirt! People will wonder why you have 57 multi-colored nipples.

Comment

Working...
                                X