Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordinary People

Hi all,

My huge event for the day was my new book arriving from Amazon. Pretty ordinary stuff over here folks, just the way I like it!
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Ordinary People

K9Lover;1355369 wrote: Do you want feathers or sequins Mama?

Maybe after I get some more practice in I can make one out of "pom pom" yarn, that would be cute! Especially under a tight T-shirt! People will wonder why you have 57 multi-colored nipples.
      :H:H Nooo, she would not want to hide that goodness under a t-shirt. Maybe you could knit a bikini.

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ordinary People

allswell, what book did you get?

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ordinary People

LG,

My new book is Turn Right At Machu Picchu by Mark Adams. I seem to be on a hike kick since reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Ordinary People

Nice. I've been on a sit and lay kick for quite some time. Need to move my a$$.:H

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ordinary People

Alls - A new book from Amazon is a huge event!

LG - Ok, I'll attempt a bikini for Mama, because you're right, why hide the masterpiece? I am very excited that I got some feathery yarn yesterday. I am attempting a scarf for myself. I'll probably look like a retarded chicken on crack. LOL

I've been on a relax-and-eat-a-box-of-cheezits kick for quite a while now. My nephew is trying to get me to do the Insanity workout with him. Please...I can't even pass the fitness test on that thing...there's no level LOW enough to even rate me...unless there's a bump-on-a-log category.

My huge event of the day (other than the feathery scarf later) is that I have a whole chicken in the crock pot with a yummy asian type sauce over it. After 8 hours in the crock pot it should be quite tender and delicious. Throw in rice and a salad and we'll be set. Yes, I am hungry already. Where are my cheezits?
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Ordinary People

57 nipples hanging around my waistline...thanks Niner!!

My NOT big event of the day was the death of a young man that lives here and having to deal with his grieving parents. The man drowned and they want to get his things....so sad.....thankfully he did not drown here or I would be a wreck about now
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Ordinary People

Hey...where'd all the boring people go? Am I the only one? Maybe you all got a life and left me behind. LOL

My big event last night was cleaning out my daughter's bathtub...it was growing teeth and hair. I could not believe she let it get that bad, I was like "WHAT is wrong with you??"...oy vey, kids, teenagers....they are SO oblivious. Of course cleaning out the tub just made me start looking around at the rest of the bathroom....I gave up and went to bed. That's how I clean the house: Turn off the light. LOL
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Ordinary People

Yes my day looks like cleaning then taking 2 of my 3 children golfing this afternoon. One is an anti-golfer big time. I started making pretzels because it looked like a cool and rainy day, now that I turned the oven on, the clouds have dispersed and it is getting hot already. Great, going to heat up the house even more.

Oh well jump in the lake for a swim after golf. Then EAT early for a change to stamp out those dreaded AL cravings that will be coming around 6 today - no doubt.

Comment

Ordinary People

LOVING BEING ORDINARY

I used to marvel at the people who were carrying on happily with normal lives without alcohol.
                      I couldn't even imagine it.

Now the little things are so great-coffee on the balcony EARLY-taking a walk, bubble baths, petting the cat, etc etc. I realized the last time I made the dire mistake of drinking that I had become my mother. She was an alcoholic, and when I was younger and she was in her 50s I could not understand why she would more or less sleep all day. Of course now I know that it was a massive hangover from the crazy shit the night before. That last awful go-round I was on the couch all day and it finally occurred to me what I was doing.

Doing fine now though, just glad I made that connection

Comment

Ordinary People

That's what I must remind myself this evening when the AL Beast in my brain is telling me how much I need a drink, how refreshing, rewarding blah blah blah.

I wish it would say "sure have a bunch of drinks you deserve to feel like CRAP tomorrow, regretful, useless, oh oh yes and don't forget extremely depressed...yeah that's it have a drink"
                        That's right Ann, the next day is a depressing day wasted being hungover which could have totally been prevented.
                        I will definitely keep this in mind tonight!

Comment

Ordinary People

Just finishing up the work day, dealing with nothing but the daily BS I get from a job I can't stand. Doesn't get any more ordinary than that does it? Sad thing is I'm self employed and chose this profession - holy shit. OK, enough of my woes.

Keep at it Meech, alcohol doesn't do us any favors, it only makes everything worse.

Comment

Ordinary People

ditto what allswell said meech
                            I had a shitty day at work too, but I am gonna eat and read!!! Bliss.............
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Ordinary People

Hi All. Wow, this thread might last. I left work early today and went to my doctor. I decided to see if a low estrogen patch might help me with my mood swings. My sister suggested it. I did not google it, because I knew if I did I would find 100 things bad about it that would stop me from maybe helping myself. While I was there, the nurse found that I had a low-grade fever and was diagnosed with a slight sinus infection. I also found out that my blood pressure is great (120/80), and that I've lost 6 lbs. The doctor tried to prescribe antibiotics and I said Nooooooo! Remember how screwed up my tummy was about 2 months ago? Never ever want to go through that again. Anyway, will fill my prescription for the patch tomorrow. Wish me luck.

LG

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ordinary People

Lg- good thing you went! Good luck with the new lady patch
                                And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Working...
                                X