Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you enjoy your party witout Alcohols?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dixon - going out can be tough when you are first AF - and as Mario says it is probably best to avoid such situations.

There are some good tips here with being the photographer or dancing the night away.
    As far as staying for a long time goes - you may not want too - I find I have a good time until people start getting drunk, then I can't be bothered and want to go home.

If I have to stay - like I did at my friends wedding - I just involved myself with the organisation of the wedding and acted as sober driver at the end of the night. That way I still enjoyed the wedding without getting stuck with a table full of drunks.

One thing I have also realised in my years of sobriety is that there are often more sober people at these functions then you would have thought - I never noticed because I was always one of the drunk ones.

Stay strong and good luck
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Supercrew;1353565 wrote: Thanks Dixon, and don't get me wrong, I don't regret the past, because I have been able to learn from it and find my happiness. It would be regrettable if I was still in the same place.
      Dear Superscrew,

I agree with you but cant do like this as I always bogged down by the past.People who are living in the present learning from the past are alive, healthy and happier..this is the universal fact so why should I get you wrong ???
      I know nobody is rich enough to buy their past so regretting the past is going back not forward .People can only live in the present so regretting past is half dead for me.
      I have noted your point.
      Thanks,
      Dix
      A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Zeppie2;1353609 wrote: Hi Dixon - going out can be tough when you are first AF - and as Mario says it is probably best to avoid such situations.

There are some good tips here with being the photographer or dancing the night away.
        As far as staying for a long time goes - you may not want too - I find I have a good time until people start getting drunk, then I can't be bothered and want to go home.

If I have to stay - like I did at my friends wedding - I just involved myself with the organisation of the wedding and acted as sober driver at the end of the night. That way I still enjoyed the wedding without getting stuck with a table full of drunks.

One thing I have also realised in my years of sobriety is that there are often more sober people at these functions then you would have thought - I never noticed because I was always one of the drunk ones.

Stay strong and good luck
        Zeppie,
        Thanks for coming up with your ideas.Yes, different people have their own different way to do a fun !! That's why I am seeking different opinions.
        From your views, I have noted the new skill as I have highlighted in red.
        many thanks,
        Dix
        A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

I would make sure I had a good supply of my AF drink of choice and remind myself of the worst hangover ever. That has helped me stay sober while most people around me were getting wasted.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X