What is it with day 4???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it with day 4???

I have noticed, on the many times i have given up, that the urges are soo strong on day 4. Has anyone else noticed this? I was absolutely gagging for a drink a while ago..I really had to use will power, as hubby has the usual red wine here.

So I mixed a tonic and grape juice, which is very yummy and refreshing, and it also seems to help with the cravings. I'm rather proud of myself, actually

What is it with day 4???

Hi Daya,

Oh yes the rinse and repeat cycle.

Day 1: Hungover to all hell. Swearing off drinking for the rest of our loves.

Day 2: Bit better, but still feeling rough.

Day 3: Loads better, what was all the fuss about. It was just another hangover. I'm so much better today.

Day 4: Just a couple. I can handle that and it's never just a couple.

Rinse and repeat

And yes Daya, be duly proud of yourself for recognizing this cycle.:goodjob:

It was the one that stopped me getting myself sober for years.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

What is it with day 4???

Yes, JC. Thats sort of the order i was thinking about tonight, you have described it so well, and the just a couple (I was thinking just 1) was what was on my mind...its hardly ever just 1 with me.

Thanks for responding, its good to know others go through it

Comment

What is it with day 4???

Yep, JC hit the nail on the head with this one. I was just saying that to my hubby. Viscious cylcle that I am stopping.
        new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

What is it with day 4???

Mine is usually day 3 :blush: I can hack two days knowing I can wimp out and get p*ssed on day 3 - pathetic!!!! Once my tapering is done I am going to do everything in my power to succeed at sobriety I am so sick of this constant 'rinse and repeat' !!
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

What is it with day 4???

Day 4 bit me in the ass for a long, long time
            as JC says...rinse and repeat
            I even have sticky notes on my bathroom mirror that say
            "If you keep doing what you have always done, you will keep getting what you have always got."
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

What is it with day 4???

Hi Guys, day 4 has been my nemesis for a long time...felt quite anxuois today actually. I have a lot of stuff happening with my business, and an important meeting on today, so i'm glad i didst have a hangover. Onwards to day 5

Comment

What is it with day 4???

Daya...D4 is a bitch. Muscle your way thru the dam thing, don't let D4 derail you this time no matter what. Eat....yes eat...if you have yourself a full tummy your thoughts will not go to AL...they will be 'why the heck did I just eat that sandwich??' Do anything to change your train of thought. You can do it! EAT your way thru day 4 if you have to! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

What is it with day 4???

grazing all day is a GOOD thing!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                  X